Monday, June 09, 2008

Questions

Where have all the Proper Pikey’s gone?
Not those who want to tarmac your drive or buy any ‘scrap’ gold you may have.
(Scrap gold? Whoever heard of such a thing?)
I mean the ones who used to knock the door and ask if you needed knives or scissors sharpening. I had to teach myself how to get an edge on garden shears from the interwebs.
Most dangerous it was.

Many, many things are sprouting in the Sleepy Mansions Urban Allotment.
Self seeded tomato plants are springing up all over the place.
I leave them until they are about 5 inches tall then stick them in a pot.
It feels wrong just to uck ‘em out when they have fought so hard to survive.
There is also an element of Darwinism in their selection.
A wide variety of toms have been eaten by this house, and composted, so I’m hoping for a bit of variety in the seedlings.
If you visit, expect to leave with one.

The best exchange of the day happened to the Tame Pharmacist.
A customer came in with a walking stick and a limp.
TP enquired as to the problem and was told that although the foot was injured, the problem was dental.
A joke was made along the lines of, ‘Oh, the top and the bottom’,
To which the customer replied,
“Yeah! Face, Feet and Fanny… They all go when you’re Fifty!”
Cracker!

Today my Grandmother would have celebrated her Eighty Ninth birthday.
She has been gone 25 years but I think about her nearly every day, especially when I am cooking.
I often wonder what our relationship as adults would have been like.
What would she have thought about my life?
Without a doubt she would have had an opinion!
I also think about all the questions I would love to have asked her.
Questions I wouldn’t have dared to ask as a child. Questions that I didn’t have back then.
If you had the chance to ask one question of a relative who has died,
Who would you ask and what would the question be?


Ex-Housemate Mikey got his Masters today!!
Whoo Hoo!
Phd next.
Well Done mate!

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Oi! That customer should speak for himself, cheeky bugger!

I'm always thinking of things I'd like to say to my mum, mostly completely trivial about TV or what's happening in the family. But then, I just ask her or tell her. Thank God for mobile phones so we're all quite used to ppl ostensibly talking to themselves.

Sleepy said...

The customer was a female!