Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June Eleventh

The fucking window cleaners woke me up yet again!
The closed curtains must still be too subtle a hint.
I asked how much.
“A fiver babe”
‘What? It was four quid last time’
“Yeah, it’s gone up. I told you last time”
‘No you fucking didn’t. Last time you were bullshitting me that you ran a monthly service when I hadn’t seen you for 3!’
He tried to stare me out.
Can you believe it?
Fool.
I had been awake under two minutes, didn’t have my specs on and used to have ‘Staring’ competitions with the sister when we were grounded.
He looked away first.
‘So, it’s 4 quid this time and five when I see you in three months’.
“It’s a monthly service” he insisted.
I shook my head and said,
‘Let’s not get started on that one again’.
I made sure I gave him a 5 pound note AND waited for the change.
Knob.

I haven’t spoken to my sister in nearly six years over the theft of £5000
Check out Prince Jefri!
Are you really ‘on the run’ if you have £3 billion? And just how pissed off is his brother?!
I’m bitter and twisted about five grand but would never take it near a court.
Just cut them out of my life.
I have learned from it though, never again will I fall out with someone over money.
The loss of money is nothing.

I surfed in to this last night and as an experiment put all the sweeties I wanted in the basket.
Over £65!
I don’t fecking think so.

4 comments:

Sassygril said...

I hate to say this, but they only charged me £4. What really annoys me about them is that they blithely ignore the fact that I have plants in my front garden. They're getting to be a little more careful than they were, but putting the recycling bin back where they found it would have been nice and not left on top of the hellebores.

And I totally agree with you where money is concerned. One of my nieces borrowed £500 when skint. I quickly realised that she simply didn't have the wherewithal to pay me back so rather than have it damage our relationship, I simply gave it to her - because I had it to give and should have given it rather than loaned it in the first place - or not loaned it at all. Other than fivers I prefer not to loan and would rather just give. 5K is of a different order of magnitude and I would have burned down your sister's house...

Sleepy said...

At the time I considered what I could do to my sister.
Court and all that.
But at the time anything I did would have had an impact on her kids and I didn't want that.
She also doesn't get to have my blood for her surgeries anymore, we used to stockpile it at the hospital beforehand.
Now she has to have whatever diseased stuff they have there.
ATM and the Big little brother are a different group.

Sassygril said...

A truly tough call. If it had been me, it would have been a precursor to Prince Jefri. With added malice and spite. But 3 billion! Jesus.

On a different note, I actually had a good customer experience at Cameron Davies!!! Put it in the diary and organize street parties. The helpful woman won't last long, I swear...

Schneewittchen said...

I can't believe what shysters they are! They deserve to be poked in the eye with a sharp stick. We don't have this problem here - I have never seen or even heard of a window cleaner around these parts.
It wasn't until I was jumping up and down about the impossibility of cleaning windows with bug screens when we needed to get the house ready for showing, that Kev finally revealed that they could be removed.