Saturday, June 14, 2008

Train To Wiltshire

I’m in Wiltshire for a couple of days which meant that I had to catch the Cardiff train.
I’ve bitched about this train before, really busy service so they only put three coaches.
As you all know I’m not actually the most social of people, especially with ‘the public’.
I’ve discovered a great way of keeping other passengers away from me and more importantly, from talking to me.

I took the cover of a Gideon bible I liberated from a hotel
(The pages are brilliant in case of dire Rizla emergencies. I’ve smoked the whole of St Paul. Wanker. But I digress) and put it over the book I’m reading!
Not a Fecker would sit anywhere near me, even the couple who had actually booked the seats looked and moved on!
It works even better than smiling manically and patting the seat next to you.

I’ll catch up in a few days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The garden is looking better and better! Have a good time mate.

Cx

Sleepy said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

that is brilliant! reminds me of two stories:

Ross' dad told him he'd guarantee his seatmate would find another seat on a plane by bringing a copy of Hustler on with him.

A friend of Ross' uncle used to play a game with Jehovah's Witnesses he invited in. Every time he left the room, he'd remove another piece of clothing. He'd see how many he could take off before they'd leave.

Sleepy said...

Oh, I'm loving the JW one!

Leigh Russell said...

Talking to yourself helps, as an actor friend of mine discovered on the train. Harmlessly and soberly repeating lines to himself, he noticed people moving away from him...