Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Train From Wiltshire

The trip home from Wiltshire was hideous.
Instant frigging Karma.
Bibles may offer an ideal emergency Rizla but there are repercussions.
As always, three coaches for about 400 people.
I had chosen this particular train because there were no changes and it was only an hour and nine minutes, not too long to stand.

I managed to squeeze into a seat opposite a strange, spotty boy reading Derren Brown, ‘Tricks of the Mind’ and a rotund bearded man who stared at me a lot.
Maybe the boy had been working his ‘magic’ but I was glad when they both got off.
My ticket was checked and I was told I was going to have to get off 3 stops from home and get a bus.
Adding another smoke free hour to my trip.
Fucking great!

G-d knows I hate the Loser Cruiser with a passion so I’m sure s/he chose this as my ironic slap on the legs.
Then I thought, ‘TP passes the station on the way home from work’
Sleepy you fecking genius!
A text was launched in to the ether.
G-d was way ahead of me.
Tuesday = Day Off for TP!

As I sat fuming and convincing myself that a shout of “Flame On!” would probably work and I could fly home, a particularly attractive lady got on and sat opposite me. She perked me up a bit.
TP, being a fecking trooper text back and offered a lift anyway.
That’s when the lady opposite found out about the bus and went into a “I’m going to be late for work” panic.
So, before G-d could put the kibosh on my plans I offered her a lift.
A good deed!
While waiting outside the station I met Loony Loocie The Nightmare Ex Neighbour.
(During her mental breakdown she told all the neighbours that I had attacked her and all sorts!)
She was still with us when the lift arrived.
I sighed at G-d and thought, “Ok, Ok. I get it” and offered her a lift home too.

8 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Shite. Wiltshire is somewhere we have to go this trip. Bloomin' marvellous.

Schneewittchen said...

But welcome back! Satruday we'll be there.....prolly waiting half the day at special services for my nephew's skis. Ho hum.

Sleepy said...

I'd recommend booking your seats in advance and I'd leave the nephew to sort his own bleeding skis out!

Whoo Hoo Saturday!!!

Schneewittchen said...

:)
Kevin's torn between that pov on the skis and getting the them out of our garage where they're taking up space.
I can see me ending up having to hire a car for that trip to what seems to be the sticks.

Sassygril said...

Loocie. OMG. And you gave her a lift??? Did she had the spendid pooch with her? Or was she solo and was she compus mentus? Working at home on Thurs - and I need to buy new tellie. But...it has to be at Currys. Pain in the butttttt....

Sleepy said...

I'll be offensive in Currys with you if you like?!!

She wasn't too bad as it goes.
No sign of Mania!
More or less her old self.

Couldn't leave her there knowing that we were going to pass the end of her road.
The karmic repercussions would have been epic.

Sassygril said...

Cool. Is there a Currys in commercial road? Or do we have to go up north to Burfields road??? As you know, this brings on a state of conniption as I don't do north of Goldsmith's Ave.

However, they have a Homebase up there which isn't too shabby but nowhere to have a consoling cup of tea apart from a Greggs past Admiral Lord Nelson. But they have buns...let me know what you think.

Sleepy said...

No idea..
I only know the one at Burrfields.