Tuesday, August 05, 2008

5th August

Check it out!!!
The infant butternut squash growing in my garden.
I’m fecking delighted with myself, like a dog with two dicks!

Today is Housemate Claire’s birthday!
We ‘sedately celebrated’ as the Sassy One is off on a global gallivant AND we did drink a litre of Carolans yesterday evening!
Two and a half bottles of white and a bottle of red between 4 is sedate for us; considering it was combined with a huge curry from the Eastern Eye.
We put the world to rights and tried to plan our 40th and 50th birthday celebrations!
I decided all you need to know about life you can learn the Godfather, Star Trek and Monkey.

Crisp-e is away and I’m watering his plants.
The pressure of the trust is enormous.
I have been left a printed table showing: plant, name, description, location and how much ‘rain’ water each has to have.
Piece of piss I hear you say.
I agree, absolutely; until you read the handwritten ‘codicil’ to one of the instructions.
I paraphrase,
“Hold this over the sink while watering. 500mls of water has to RUN THROUGH.
This is most important.
This plant is really rare. It only grows on one hillside in Sumatra.”

Oh Goooooood! Ok! No fucking pressure then!

Fucking Sumatra?
Does that exist anymore or was it called something else before?
I grew up in a world that had Burma, Ceylon, Persia and The USSR in it!
Ho Hum.

Here’s some stuff I’ve surfed into these last few days.

Here’s one that will definitely appeal to Schnee!

I know I shouldn’t because it’s all very serious, but Ha Ha Ha!

Things that make you go, Eeuuew! I am so glad they didn’t show his feet.
That would have proper turned my stomach.

Some of these made me chuckle out loud.


The Birthday girl sent me this gem!
I nearly forgot it.

3 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Hahahahahaha!!!! That is the funniest picture ! (Like)

Carolans and like, curry YUMMERS!!!!

Happy Birthday to Claire! Like, Claire needs a like, Sleepy nickname.

That's so, like, shit, that plant doesn't only grow on a hillside in Sumatra, it, like, grows in Crisp-e's conservatory too. Like. He's so, like, mac.

Sleepy said...

Hahaha!
That's like, brilliant!

Schneewittchen said...

C'mon! It's now den elften August, I wanna see a new picture of the butternut's progress!