Thursday, August 28, 2008

O Captain! My Captain!...

…Our fearful trip is done…

The day in France was splendid!
Sleepy Mansions now houses much Chablis, Sancerre, Macon Villages, Bordeaux and one of my most favourites, Pineau Des Charentes!
This stuff is that one step beyond Yummers.
There is also a LOT of cheese and ciggies galore!
You got to love tax free shopping.

Just a point about the train.
Ok, we are leaving England, Passports are involved, we are going to a different time zone, and they speak some incomprehensible language;
But.
Fucking BUT!
No matter how long you have been getting in to the front of the train and pushing a fucking button to make it go, you are NOT the “Captain” of my train!
Stop yourself!
Captain!
You don’t ‘steer’ a route.
The fucker is on tracks, it has no choice where it goes.
You are a train driver, exactly the same as the person who ‘drives’ me to Salisbury!
You press an “On” and “Off” switch.
Captain.. Dear Christ.

Hands up anyone who thinks this is going to make the slightest bit of difference to the Catholic Church?
Anglicans voting, um, why?
The Tame Pharmacist went to a Cardinal Newman school in Brighton.
Not that I’m making any link, but…. Brighton!
Gay-er than a bag of rainbows at a Boy Scout Jamboree.

Mad Matt and the affianced Crisp-e’s came for a pre return to school meal, booze and smoke.
Crisp-e actually did the organising and inviting but somehow it all happened in Sleepy Mansions with me cooking!
When pulled on this he had some very plausible reason, which I forget now.
But I’m so glad he did!
I did Moussaka.
Something had to be done to some of those Lidl Aubergines.
Mad Matt and I, after much cannabis and deep discussion, have decided that Jesus was a Yo-Yo dieter.
40 days and 40 nights of starvation?
Loaves and Fishes?
We reckon that is the Weight Watchers ‘red and green’ day thing.
The fellah wasn’t shy with booze either.
The wedding at Cana?
The Last Supper must have been a carbohydrate day, or a piss up.
Loads of bread to soak up the wine!

Today, as a mark of solidarity with Lapriss Glibert, I have worn my ‘Known Homosexual’ teeshirt.
I think it freaked out the lady in the Deli, she didn’t take her eyes off it the whole time she cut my Gruyere cheese, she also avoided touching me in any way when giving my change.
That really made me chuckle.

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

:( The Lapriss Gilbert link didn't work for me.

It would probably be most useful in shutting up the maximum number of bigots of all denominations (and even Muslims since he was an important Prophet mentioned 25 times in the Q'uran) if it could be proved beyond all doubt that Jesus was gay.

Sleepy said...

He was unmarried and lived with his Mum!

Artemesia said...

Re Lapriss..One of these links should work:
.One of these should work,,

http://aidanmaconachyblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/lapriss-gilbert-ejected-from-us-federal.html

http://www.popehat.com/2008/08/27/the-unwritten-portions-of-the-rules-and-regulations-governing-conduct-on-federal-property-supersede-the-first-amendment/

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_10301518?source=email

Schneewittchen said...

People might take more convincing than that methinks....

Ta Artemesia, now I realise who it is, I did see that article on the F-Word, and thought it was unbelievable, loved the bit where the feminist mum comes in like a tank and soon the whole place is apologising for the actions of the security guard. I never came even close to feeling sorry for him tho.

Sleepy said...

Thanks Artemesia!

Yeah, love that her Mum pitched up and waded in!
Top drawer!