Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympics, TV And Books

This weekend, after an epic effort, I think I have just about caught up with my Olympic viewing.
I have watched some strange shit though.
I saw some fencing, not something I would usually watch but I was desperate.
Swords and stabbing were involved so I thought we might be quite good.
To my eye and ear it’s all stamping and shouting, none of the Zorro shit I was expecting.
They don’t even get scars on their faces like The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp taught me. (I love that film!)
Load of bollocks.
Then I stumbled in to the horror that is Greco-Roman wrestling.
Dom Joly sums it up so much better than I do!

The Gymnastics has been brilliant but I always feel slightly uncomfortable watching the ‘women’.
Gymnasts always look like the girls I avoided at school.
Spiteful, bitching, bullying bastards!
I always end up shouting at the TV,
“How old is she? She looks about 12! Sixteen? My arse! Fuck off!!”
Although, Princess Haya of Jordan got me slightly interested in Equestrianism but far more interested in Princess Haya!
She’s a little bit bloody lush.

This isn’t really Olympics related but swimming is.
In the Polygrip (The cement shit that holds false teeth in people’s heads) advert; ‘Geoff’ goes on about how discovering this stuff meant he could go swimming again.
WTF?
Why couldn’t he before?
Is it impossible to swim with no teeth? Babies appear to manage it.
Does the head folding in on itself make you sink?
Another load of bollocks to piss me off.

Last night I watched The Perfect Vagina on Channel 4.
The moment I heard the word “Twinkle” used I was gone.
A giggling, screeching mess!
Some of it made for uncomfortable viewing though, especially the operation showing the removal of labia.
Had me hanging on to my Twinkle for dear life!

I’ve finished the book Schnee gave me, Boy in The World.
Not one I would have picked up myself but a really enjoyable read.
I was a bit disappointed with the end because it didn’t, well, ‘end’.
I’ve also read one called The First Apostle.
Don’t bother.
Dan Brown has really buggered it for any one wanting to write those historical/religious/mystery books.
Sepulchre by Kate Mosse was cracking, as good as, if not better than Labyrinth.
My new read is The End of Mr Y by Scarlett Thomas which has started out well.

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

My bitches tell me that there is a sequel to Boy in the World being written.

I loved Labyrinthe, so Sepulchre is now on my list.

The perfect vagina is - well, one that works. Other than that, unless you make your crust from having it filmed, who cares? Oh, actually, maybe I take that back, I guess your denomination prolly sees the business end from more close-up than those of us as sleeps with the enemy.
NME?

Sleepy said...

Euew! I'm mentally stuck at 'crust'!

Sassygril said...

Ladies, ladies...don't go there with the crust thing. Nasty!

And how did we get to be so good at the Olympics? Puzzled...

Sleepy said...

Lottery funding, at long fecking last!