Monday, August 25, 2008

Shopping, Home And Away

Today I have been to Lidl.
I love Lidl!
With the Waitrose bags for life of course, I don’t want the neighbours thinking I’m cheap or pikey!
This week Sleepy Mansions will be mostly eating Aubergines.
At 27p a pop I bought, well, let’s just leave it at, ‘several’.
Any recipe ideas would be gratefully received. Nothing obvious!
The thing with shops like Lidl is not to have any expectations.
It might be really good or it might be really shite.
Lucky dip shopping.

Masterchef is back on and it’s ‘wannabe’ professional chefs having a go this time.
Michel Roux Jr is one of the judges.
He is way too skinny for my liking, especially for a chef.
I want my chef to look like he actually fucking eats something.
You stand the man in front of an oven and he doesn't look like he cooks, he looks like an extra in Sophie's Choice.

I must just say before I forget, the programme starts and everyone goes on about how fecking wonderful it is;
I HATE Tess of the d’Urbervilles.
Detest it. Ok?
While I’m at it, I’m going to fully come out, I hate Thomas Hardy.
Hate him.
There, it’s said!
Wanker, made A level English a hideous experience.

Tomorrow I’m leaving the comfort of my own country for the day and going to France.
I say France; we’re going to Calais which in my book is still English.
If it weren’t for the need of a Tabac we wouldn’t even see a welcome to France sign.
I meet up with The Crisp-e’s at 6.30am and aim to be on the Eurostar, under the English Channel by about 11am!
Must brush up on my Froggish chat, which by the time we arrive will be a ‘Pidgin Franglais’ with a hint of menace.
To my shame, I have used the sentence,
“I said; pour le troisieme time, Je FUCKING voudrais, vingt, 20? yeah? Vingt cartouche Mayfair smooth. D’accord, De Gaulle?”
I’ll be trying to avoid diplomatic incident; get in, get my wine, cheese and smokes and get the fuck out.

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

I lurve me some Aubergines, don't have any recipes tho, love 'em grilled with fromage gently melting on top.

I've never actually been in Lidl, it just never was an experience I was ready for. I could never stand ASDA, and it seemed like Lidl could be sub-ASBO.

There do seem to be a fair collection of English classics you're not too fond of. I imagine Chaucer was more your cup of vodka.

Good luck in Frogland. It's not your menace I'd be bothered about, more your current hormonal situation.

Sleepy said...

The French are safe from me.
You gotta draw the line somewhere!

Now, that German assistant was only a snog away from turning a card!