Friday, February 20, 2009

Remember Man...

Today…

I remembered Crombie coats for the first time in years!
The red hanky took me right back.
I think it’s because John the ipod shuffled it to some Specials and while doing the laundry I found my black ‘Lambretta’ shirt.

I remembered when I was small and thought I was born to be a ‘Pip’, one of Miss Knight’s of course!

I’ve also remembered some bloke called Bernie Flint who won a programme called Opportunity Knocks.
Freaky!

I remembered that QI was on and saved myself the minefield that is BBC iplayer when I get hold of it.

I remembered that when Housemate Pat is here all I seem to vacuum up is rice.
Rice and black hair that isn’t the cats.
Fucking rice!
I don’t even like the stuff.
I won’t even cook the fucking shit!

I must remember to uck out the Cardamom pods before putting in the peas.
I found three and ate three.

Today I also discovered the purpose of Facebook.
Using somebody else’s account (I REFUSE to join up) I found someone who dropped off my radar about 12 years ago.
I couldn't be more delighted and can't wait to get 'remembering'!

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Ah, Crombies are so smart. I'm not a fan of rice either, it deffo needs a good curry to make it palatable.

I remember Hughie Green and Opportunity Knocks. I should remind myself of those days of fuck-all on the box when I'm whingeing on about there being too much same-ish crap on TV these days.

Facebook does have its uses.

Grey Area said...

I still wear crombies - I have two, and Cherry Red DM's ( but I live in the past )

I have to have a facebook account because several people I know refuse to communicate in any other way, which I consider selfish and stupid, but have bitten the bullet. It's really crap - terrible interface and morally dubious to say the least. steer clear!

Some Chilean Woman said...

You'd hate me in your house too, I shed a lot. But my hair is long and healthy, perhaps we could collect it and make us a Russian hat.

Sassygril said...

I also have highly mixed feelings about Facebook. I have an account and the one thing it has been brilliant for is communicating with my family and seeing my great-niece develop through the photos posted. It's also helped my niece keep in touch with her mates during the early stages of motherhood because she is alone at home for a lot of the time. So...it does have its uses, but as far as I am concerned, that's it. Sure, it's nice to connect (i.le. say hi) to old friends, but I've not met up with any as yet - which tells you something - and this was the same with Friends Re-United.

I guess I am also being a tad more choosey nowadays about online activity because of the tendonitis. The discomfort is now continuous and I am getting pissed off that I spend so much time in front of a screen. There has to be more to life than this...a bigger canvas...a larger screen.