Saturday, December 23, 2006

Looking Back

Things I have done, noticed, discovered, re-discovered or learned about myself during 2006.
This may look like a 'cop out' post but it took a lot of thinking about.

There is no easy way to carry a mattress.
My cats will puke anywhere.
Some of our neighbours are scummy.
Vancouver is 8 hours behind us.
Tomato plants are fucked by ‘blackspot‘. (Don’t compost them either)
One of the Housemates cooks a really shit Roast Dinner.
I don’t need dope everyday. I want it, but don’t need it!
Boston Legal is fucking genius.
Just because I keep my word, it doesn’t mean others do.
My hair really does need cutting every 5 weeks.
People don’t feel your hate. So why bother.
Wine makes me fat.
I need new socks.
I can draw quite well.
My house ‘phone rings a lot, 1 in 10 leave a message.
I started a blog.
I haven’t read enough this year.
I can’t cope with people with Alzheimer’s Disease.
Yale locks don’t last forever.
I quite like growing herbs in the garden. (Real herbs!)
£199 is apparently cheap for a sewing machine. (Mmmmm)
A Moscow Mule is Vodka and Ginger Beer.
I’m just shy of 4000 songs on my ipod.
I remember more French than I thought I did. (A worry!)
Not everyone can make a good cup of tea.
I learned the names of different kinds of Muslim veil.
People don’t expect soldiers to die during a war.
Most people are as fucked up as you first suspected.
I really dislike Jose Mourinho.
I’ve had my slippers 10 years.
I got a new bike.
I lost my glasses and need to replace them. (See Below)
Must remember not to smoke a joint before I go to the Optician.
Energy efficient light bulbs are expensive and take ages to get bright.
Nag Champa is still the best incense.
The Composter is working a treat.
I put some of my photos on flickr.
I should eat seafood more often.
Got hooked on ‘Lost’.
Learned how to use the Nespresso machine.
Picking up dog shit still makes me gag.
I don’t like chicken on the bone, it’s too labour intensive.
I love the programme, Jam and Jerusalem.
You can never have too many food storage containers.
I don’t like my mobile phone.
There is something very sexy about black stockings. *Blush*
I did the grocery shopping online.
I held a baby. (Jessica Shillingford)
I wouldn’t mind if someone punched Bruce Forsyth.
‘Chasing Cars’ by Snow Patrol is a brilliant song.
Aira Force is a fucking long walk for very little.
I ate Venison.
Shoes last me a long time.

I'm sure there is much that I have forgotten, but as we know, that is the nature of my existence.

5 comments:

Sassygril said...

That's sensational - and I identify with sooo much of it. You simply cannot do shit with a matress. It's odd because they are a vital part of your existence, but they are crap as hell for moving around. Guaranteed to raise the blood pressure in seconds. And some people def make better tea than others. Thank you for being soo sweet about my lapsang...

Sleepy said...

Yours is the best Lapsang I have had all year!

Crisp-e said...

You started learning how to use an Apple Macintosh.
You started riding a bike again.

Schneewittchen said...

And WE have found (because I know you'll NEVER believe it is so) that you're a really good writer.

Snow Patrol rock.
I never knew what a Moscow Mule was (although if pushed I might have come up with Russian drug carrier)
Why HASN'T anyone punched Bruce Forsyth?

Sleepy said...

I have drugs again..... Please feel free to imagine me dancing around the living room.

Crisp-e... Yeah, the Apple! Good call! Thanks for all your help with that my unofficial helpdesk!

Schnee.. We'll skip the first bit....
I'd volunteer to punch Brucie... Knob!