Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Love And Hate

Today is my baby brother’s birthday. He is 19.
19 years ago I limped to St Mary’s hospital for my first look at him.
I limped because a few days previously I had been in a motorbike crash and had 40 stitches in my knee.
He was very ruddy, his eyes were swollen shut and he had loads and loads of jet black hair. I loved him instantly. I’d always wanted a brother, someone to play football with, build tree houses and cheer on my beloved Spurs.
He was 17 years too late but I had a brother!
As he grew up I realised he wasn’t going to be that sort of brother. I have to admit I thought he was a spoiled little brat who just sat indoors, playing computer games and getting his own way all the time.
He has grown up in to one of my favourite people. He is intelligent, honourable, quick witted and we share a sense of humour.
He loves music and plays the guitar brilliantly.
I introduced him to ‘Withnail and I‘, which he shared with his mates. I bought him ‘The Diceman’ to read and like me, he loved it. He introduced me to Rodrigo Y Gabriella and Nine Inch Nails.
He is 6’ 4”, has hair down to his shoulders and goatee beard. I call him ‘my big little brother’ and I adore him.

I am SO fed up with Christmas adverts, Christmas music and TV programmes telling me how to cook a fucking turkey. They are boring the shit out of me and winding me up at the same time.
Also, this seems to be the time of year they advertise all the cough ’n’ cold remedies, all the charities and CD‘s compilations from dead people. Fucking Lockets, battered children, starving animals and Johnny Cash. Piss off.
You can piss off with decorations too. Houses with fucking lights that can be seen from space? I pray for electrical fires!. Tossers. Carbon Footprint suspended for the Festive fucking Season is it?
I fucking HATE Christmas, just in case you were in any doubt.
Give it three weeks and all the ad’s will be Summer holidays galore, tampax and fucking Easter eggs.

Housemates… What is the point of leaving 14 fucking Pasta shells in the packet? It is NOT a single portion for fuck’s sake, it’s pointless! So is the half a teaspoon of milk left in the bottom of the carton. Especially if there is another 4 pints in the fridge.
Drink it, pour it away. Nothing can be done with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So your big baby brother shares his birthday with my Laurence although Laurence is one year older. Strange to think that when we were celebrating Loz's first birthday you were seeing your bro for the first time.
Yesterday I got back from the UK just in time to wish him a Happy Birthday and he was pretty pleased about that.

One of the things I came to hate most about the TV Xmas ads last year was how they can take a song you previously liked, decide to all adopt it and then play it ad nauseam and often in horrible funky arrangements until you can stand the tune no more. This year we have Mythbox ( like Sky Plus) and so we never watch anything in real time and thus we can simply skip all the ads.
Bah humbug.

Sleepy said...

Cool! Happy Birthday Loz!

I have to admit there are absolutely no Christmas songs I like!

Crisp-e said...

Happy birthday boyz!! Got to disagree on the Dice Man thing. Excellent idea for a book or even a film; however, the storyline got a bit dull towards the last third of the book.

Sleepy, no joy on sofa; will cost me the same.

Sleepy said...

Crisp-e..Really? Sassy will be surprised.
Worth a try though!

Don't be dissing Dice Man!