Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Revenge Is Sweet

Today I have been trying to list my top 5 Revenge films. Not as easy as I first thought.
The hideous hangover I had all day didn’t help the thinking process.
Pounding, pounding, pounding…. I wasn’t sick and I am so thankful for that small mercy.
Anyway, this is what I came up with and in no particular order:

The Count of Monte Cristo
Kill Bill (counting both films as a ‘whole’)
Leon (absolutely brilliant film)
Gladiator
Sleepers

That, my friends, was a monumental effort and I’m sure that there are loads I’ve overlooked. So have a go, see what you can come up with.

Right, now for a bit of a rant.
If you can’t pronounce ‘specifically’ or ‘statistically’, Then I suggest not fucking using them; and for fuck’s sake don’t use them when you are interviewed on TV. It makes you look like a complete prick in front of thousands of people.
More importantly, it annoys the arse off me.

Panto. I fucking HATE pantomimes. Even as a kid I hated them and would feign illness to get out of going. It just seemed so fake to me, even then.
Fat, ugly men dressed as ugly women. Shit jokes. Jokes so unbelievably terrible they make me want to punch people. The appalling celebrity Z listers, thigh slapping and ‘it’s behind you’. Grrrrr.
I’m getting wound up just thinking about it.
I felt much the same when I was forced to go and see The Pirates Of Penzance. Panto by another name and as equally mind numbingly boring.

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Oh I used to hate being dragged to the panto as a kid too. Then a few years back, Alex's Godfather took her and me to the panto in Brighton I think, it had Christopher Biggins in it. He was outrageous and made all sorts of camp jokes that it seemed only Alex's Godfather (gay himself) and I found funny so we disgraced ourselves by rolling around laughing in a theatre full of kiddies.
I still wouldn't go again unless there was some really good reason why I couldn't get out of it.

Schneewittchen said...

Oh and revenge film - Hard Candy.

Schneewittchen said...

Oh...and that thing, where someone says 'pacific' instead of 'specific' just drives me insane! Yer right! If s'one is that fecking ignorant, they shouldn't be on TV.....argh.....mind you, don't get me started on the things you hear on TV here....the bloody weather forecaster just made up the word 'forecasted'.

Sleepy said...

Hard Candy... Good choice!

They have a new weather girl on South Today who, in her nervousness, combines words.
'Froggy' is my particular favourite. It's a cross between Frosty and Foggy!