Friday, December 22, 2006

Moving And Shaking (with anger)

Yesterday I helped Crisp-e and ‘Chelle move in to their new home. It took me 2 hours in front of a blazing fire to get warm again. It was as cold as the hair on a Polar Bear’s arse out there and really foggy too. The kind of fog that when you breathe out the vapour just hangs around your head.
Misty the Magical feline didn’t take to well to the move and spent the day under the kitchen cabinets.
I met ‘Chelle’s mum and got to spend the day trying not to swear!
I only slipped a few times and that was as I was taking chunks of flesh out of my knuckles, so I think those ‘Fucks!’ don‘t really count.
As moves go, it was a sweet as a nut. I got a gorgeous bottle of Chablis for my humping efforts, which went down a treat.

The shitty world has touched my mellow Wiltshire hideaway. Yesterday a woman was found stabbed to death in her home. From the sparse online news reports it appears that her husband did it. She leaves 3 primary school aged kids behind.
The ‘festive season’ seems to be when most of the domestic violence and murders happen.
My Dad beat ATM. She says he only did it once and she left him immediately. He broke her jaw, blackened both her eyes and ripped handfuls of her hair out. I don’t often have good things to say about ATM but I really admire her for leaving him. She was 18 and had two children under the age of three and in the early 70’s you were supposed to just get on with it. Luckily, her parents were prepared to have us all live with them.
My Dad’s Dad was a beater too. He abused my Gran for 50 years and even beat her as she lay dying in the hospice.
It took my Dad years to admit to me that he had done it but when he did, all he could go on about was how my Pampam turned up and battered him. Like he was the wronged party.

Again, it has gone dry. Not a bit of greenery to be had anywhere.
Most annoyingly, people whom I have gone out of my way to help in the past, are suddenly not answering texts or reply that they have only enough for themselves.
Well, fuck every single one of you. You will not even get the time of day from me now. If I can cut my family dead I’ll have no problem with any of you.
Except Looby, you are a goddess!

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

With amazing irony, I, who have never even smoked a cigarette, have a small canister of it in our freezer. Yeah, not much use I know but you know it would be yours.

Sleepy said...

I know... Thank you very much.
xx

Sassygril said...

God, the spirit of sharing doesn't seem to be much in evidence, does it? I don't think that your experience is a one-off - very typical if my contacts are anything to go by. This is what forces people into cottage industries and entrepreneurial activity! BTW La Stup is no more - I am a fully fledged sassy again. Relief.

Sleepy said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Sassy's back! Splendid.

Crisp-e said...

Thank you and thanks again. You were all brill.