Thursday, January 18, 2007

All Is Sweet

We are into that dreaded time of year when only the really crappy sweets are left in the Quality Street tin.
Sweeties that you only contemplate when you have got the munchies, bad!
I wasted 15 minutes of my life this afternoon deciding whether to suck the chocolate and caramel from the ‘Purple one’ and gob away the nut.
Or go against all my beliefs and accept that orange is an acceptable flavour for chocolate.
I went with the spitting nuts option. (not a line you’re likely to hear me say again!)
Orange and chocolate together is just too wrong.
Terry can keep his ‘chocolate orange’, it’s fucking filth.
Who else won't throw away the QS tin, 'just in case'? Just in case of what, Christ alone knows!

We have had an impromptu dinner party tonight.
Sassy came round for a quick drink and it just grew.
I cooked pasta, then all of a sudden we were partying.
Basically, I'm as pissed as a fart!
We have discussed the idea of an ’Ancestral Memory’.
Which I believe, is what happens in all families, when you have heard the same story over and over again you actually believe it happened to you.
That’s how elephants can find water holes their great grandparents used…
They had heard the stories so often they thought they were fucking there!

As usual, adverts are catching my eye.
This time it’s hair dye adverts.
Some American actress is going on about how wonderful this particular dye is.
Flicking her hair about in slow motion and looking very ‘chestnutty’.
In her ‘Deep South’ accent she tells us it even does,
‘wiry, little ones’.
She has shoulder length hair, so One can only wonder what short, wiry hairs she is referring to.
Are the advertising companies, subliminally, trying to put the ‘Merkin’ people out of business?!

Now for a Housemate rant.
Waiting for weeks and weeks, then stuffing all your laundry in at once, doesn’t work. I’m not even sure the centre gets wet.
For some reason the spin of the machine has the strength of an industrial centrifuge.
This means your 6kgs of laundry are in such a tight ball and wedged in so tight, it’s like trying to undo the Gordian Knot.
Next time I WILL get my sword.
Are we clear?

I will dip into the Big Brother racism debate, but tomorrow, I have had too much Brandy tonight.
Getting in touch with my inner toper! Frankly, I quite like her.

3 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Haha, yes, never could thrown away the Quality Street tin, nor the Roses tin, but yer right, limited uses for them.
I love the purple one with the nut in the middle.
For me, it's not the actual combo of orange and choccie, it's more the texture of the fondant. They're all a bit last pick, the strawberry one, the lemon one.
Our tins always had the hard toffees left at the end, that big round gold one for example, and the regular square one.

Oh, you're kidding me....
hoenax?

Schneewittchen said...

Oh and hair dye? No actress uses hair dye that you or I could buy in Boots. Praps by 'the small wiry ones' she meant you could dye your dog the same colour. Or Tom Cruise.

Sleepy said...

The toffees go first here. I like to test out my dentistry!