Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007

Happy New Year!

Just a minor rant to start with.
If you don’t know the words to Auld Lang Syne, don’t fucking sing it. Simple as that. It stops you looking a twat and cuts down my urge to punch you in your miming mouth.
Also, why on New Years Eve do some blokes think that it’s perfectly acceptable to kiss you right on the lips? Should be ok for me to knee them straight in the bollocks then?.
The other thing that gets on my tits, and this isn’t just a New Year thing, are couples who turn up with just one bottle between them. Sure as shit you are going to drink more than 2 glasses of wine each! One bottle of spirit is acceptable. A bottle of wine that was on the 3 for a tenner offer isn’t. Or the people who turn up with shitty wine and then spend the night drinking your vodka. Tight bastards!

My back is still the enemy and Diazepam my bestest friend in the whole wide world.
Moving around is hellish.
I have to kind of slide out of my chair onto my knees.
Then crawl across the floor to the fireplace, where I pull myself upright using the mantle.
I then stand for 3 minutes doing my impression of an eighty year old with osteoporosis.
When I do manage to walk it looks like I’ve had a ‘Code Brown’ in my underwear!
An attractive look to start the New Year with.
The upside is it can’t get any worse.
Although, I do worry that the medication will run out before the pain does. If that happens, NHS Direct better beware!

I have had a real treat this evening. I used to watch a programme called ‘This Life’. It was about a bunch of 20 something Lawyers living in a house together. I loved it.
Tonight, they aired a one off episode about their lives 10 years on.
Brilliant!.
Cheered me right up.

2 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Ha, Laurence drank an entire bottle of vodka last New Year's Eve, then threw up in his friend's house, got thrown out and his brother had to go and retrieve him from the park where he found him asleep on the grass.
This year we gave him a miniature of vodka as a little joke. It's still sitting on the table.

I can picture your movement very clearly from the description. Not funny. Hope it doesn't linger too long.

Bet you've NEVER been the only person who actually brought a bottle. That was too weird.

May Spurs win their next match, that's all I want to add.

Sleepy said...

Spurs drew with bloody Pompey yesterday.... Grrr..