Monday, September 29, 2008

Car, Chutney And Soup

This was parked across the road yesterday morning.
It took every ounce of self control not to roll myself all over it.
I think this and a few models of Jaguar are THE sexiest things in the world.
Look at the lines of it, all round and soft. It’s a work of art.
Beautiful.
Mmmm.


Due to the ‘infestation’ of tomato plants at Sleepy Mansions and less sunlight, we now have a glut of green tomatoes.
I wanted something else to do with them other than the ubiquitous ‘Green Tomato Chutney’.




So I got experimenting and have come up with a green tomato soup.
Amazingly, it tastes bloody nice!.
I even got it together enough to write down the recipe


3 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Stop it! You're messing with my head. Was that sarcasm? Irony? That car's a hideous pile of junk!

Can't ou fry green tomatoes? Not to mention wrap them in brown paper bags with bananas to help them to ripen.

Sleepy said...

I will try and forget you've ever said that about the car!

I looked at the recipe for fried green tomatoes.
They didn't grab me as being that tasty.
The banana trick would land us with a huge glut of red tomatoes and I can't be arsed to make more passata!

Schneewittchen said...

Heeheeheeheehee.

Can't you dry them and have not-sundried toms, they're pretty good.