Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Towels

Last evening Sassy came to eat, drink and be merry.
We beat the bollocks off all three and threw in some big giggles into the mix.
Smashing evening!

Apparently Glenn Close has got some sort of award, for something or other.
Stop it.
I will never forgive her for Serving In Silence.
Dear Christ, if there were ever a film to drive someone back in the closet, this is it.
The parts of the movie I wasn’t watching with my hand over my eyes, screaming,
‘Fucking Hell! NO!’
I was watching from behind the sofa, wishing ‘the bad lady’ would stop.

Am I the only one who has a towel or set of towels they won’t use?
This may be part of my ‘Autistic Spectrum’ condition, but it might not, so I’m checking with you lot.
I have a set of towels in my collection that I hate.
They are a bath towel/hand towel combination.
Known in my world as a ‘body towel and hair towel’.
They are very nice, expensive towels, bought for me by an Aunt.
The trouble is with the colour.
They are Grey.
Who the fuck buys towels that look like you’ve had them 20 years to start with?
My fecking family, that’s who!
The same family who would sit in judgement about the colour and age of a person’s towelage.
They were a house-warming present.
The ‘family’ must have ‘phoned ATM and asked one of two questions.

1. What does she need?
2. What does she like?

The reply from my Mother was, obviously, what SHE thought I needed and what SHE thought I liked.
I ended up with an abundance of towels and a million candles and tealights.
Spot on with the ‘controlled’ pyromania, but towels?
She also believes a person ‘can’t have too much Pyrex’ but spared me that.

Does anyone have a set of towels that weren’t bought for them or that THEY bought after, at least, five years of home ownership that they won‘t use?
I’d also put a £5-er on everyone having at least one ‘robbed’ hotel towel.

6 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Er well, you'd lose your money on the hotel towel.

I don't really have towels I don't use owing to my weeding obsession. We have 'spares' but if I had any I couldn't use I'd have to Sally-Ann it.

Schneewittchen said...

I wonder if the Glenn Close thing was 'Damage', she was splendidly evil in that.

Richard de Pesando MA(RCA) said...

get the sewing machine out and make a terry toweling Glenn Close.

I didn't bother with that film, it was described as 'well meaning' and 'earnest' - it's been on regularly in the afternoon 'true lives' slot on C5 for a few years - I just checked IMDB and the tag line is "There is no greater right than the freedom to love"......sounds pretty grim.

I watched Fantabulosa myself last night with half a bottle of Benylin.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. I knew you wouldn't have 'hotel towels'!
Yep, I think it was the Damages thing.

Richard.. Mmmm, I full sized terry towelling voodoo doll of the woman.
The film was truly horrific, I thank all that is holy there were no sex scenes. The kissing was bad enough!

Fantabulosa is superb! Michael Sheen is utterly brilliant.
Beware the Benylin hangover, although it makes a lovely 'cocktail' when mixed with Night Nurse!

Schneewittchen said...

OHMYGOD!! Benylin tastes disgusting! How can you two take that stuff for fun?!
When we were researching mushrooms yesterday at work, the field guide said that the most deadly ones actually taste quite good. Hopefully there's not too much consensus on that one.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. I think Richard has a cold and was taking it for it's ACTUAL purpose!