Monday, September 08, 2008

Home And Garden

Good news!
Jess is making a storming recovery.
Fortunately, it was caught much earlier than Blue’s and treatment started quickly.
Phew!

I’ve been watching the Paralympics and have been trying SO hard not to find amusement.
But I have.
I love my football.
Blind Football? WTF!
The goalkeeper is allowed to be sighted, how is that fair?
My amusement came from the commentator who told us about the other teams in the stand who were there watching the opposition.
‘Watching’?
Well maybe the goalie was.
Proud as punch of this cracker though!
Eleanor Simmonds, what a fucking star!

Back at Sleepy Mansions I found the garden had gone fecking ape shit.
I have picked five and half pounds of tomatoes and am now trawling for recipes.
I’ve made Gazpacho. Sauces tomorrow!
Check out the Urban Squash though!
Who’d have thought you could grow these in Pompey?

I thought I’d encountered every “Don’t get that in a paper cut” substance possible.
Oh No!
There is Tomato Food.
It stings like a complete and utter fucker UNTIL you realise that the burning digit, covered in stuff you are not really sure about the composition of, is in your fucking mouth!
Thank all that is Holy for the constant supply of Vodka.
A wine glass full should dilute it, internally, right?

I have also had four of these fuckers in my face.
I got over that particular phobia while I was sat here typing and one of the bastards appeared at the corner of my vision on my glasses.
I’d been in from the garden two and a half hours.
My ‘specs are still in the fireplace.

Last night, while watching the lovely Joanna Lumley (Leave it! It’s deep and it’s real! I blame The Avengers) on her quest for the Northern Lights, her dogs barked and Blue looked up at the screen.
So, do dogs bark in a ‘language’ or with an ‘accent’?
Did that barking Husky sound like the canine version of the Swedish Chef?
Amazingly, I had been a weed free for a week, so the mad shit was breaking through.
I’m ok now. Getting the THC levels back up!


9 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Glad Jess is on the mend. The squah looks awesome, the stripey spiders - yeah, not so awesome...

Sleepy said...

Bastard spiders. Have rendered me blind all night.

Sleepy said...

...and I couldn't be happier about the hound!

Artemesia said...

Great news about your Jessie! What a dear face.

Joanna Lumley can make the dead laugh..I adore her. She is quite a trekker and made an excellent documentary about Bhutan..Also, her father had Dalai Lama connections.Here is one interview..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/main.jhtml?xml=/portal/2008/08/22/ftlumley122.xml

Schneewittchen said...

Lummers is the biz. I admire a woman who slips gracefully into mummification. She rocks.

Sleepy said...

Schnee..Ms Lumley 'proves' cigarettes as a preserving medium!
G-d love her!

Artemesia.. The best news about he hound!
Joanna is the perfect example of a child of the Empire!

Artemesia said...

About women and Empire..There was a compulsion to trek among a rash of English women of the 19th and 20th centuries..To go where few Europeans had gone before..to drink camel's milk and find the East..and romance..
I loved: "The Wilder Shores of Love," by Lesley Blanch.
There might still be a ragged copy in the library..

Sleepy said...

artemesia.. I picked up a copy from the secondhand bookshop today!

Artemesia said...

Serendipity!