Sunday, September 21, 2008

Home

The wanderer returns.
I have to start by mentioning the ‘crick’ in my neck.
Strange beds and stranger pillows.
It’s fucking agony.
One of those pains that shoots from the back of my neck and over the top of my head at the slightest movement.
From the moment I opened my eyes this morning and realised getting out of bed was going to be a trial, I had one word bouncing around my head.
Temazepam.
Lots of it.
My breakfast was 60mg Temazepam, 600mg Ibuprofen and I considered some Dihydrocodeine but decided to save them!
I need to be able to get in the garden and sort it out!

The garden is mega.
Green tomato chutney is underway and I’m planning what to plant for winter.
The area I spread the spores for a South American psychotropic fungus has fecking sprouted!
It was quickly harvested with the help of Crisp-e.
For some reason it was decided I would be the one to ‘medicine’ myself.
Just to see how much to dose ourselves with and to what effect.
Too late, we realised that this was foolhardy.
Don’t test on someone whose capacity for mind altering drugs is Olympian.
Crisp-e can’t, well; it is a school night after all.
I have contacted the Big little Brother.

I seriously have to get this off my chest.
For a long time I have avoided watching Brokeback Mountain.
Has just never appealed to me in the slightest.
During my ‘walkabout’ I ended up watching it.
Sorry to all those who think this deserved an Oscar but WHAT A LOAD OF SHITE!
I couldn’t understand a word of what Heath Ledger said and spent half the movie asking,
“What the fuck did he say?”
I was so completely underwhelmed I never saw it to the end.
Utter armpit.
G-d I’m glad that’s out.

6 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

I love, love, loved that film, so I'm sad that you didn't, but oh well.

I say again, your capacity for pharmaceuticals awes me. Hope the crick has gone now.

Sleepy said...

The crick lingers, my hatred of Brokeback still burns brightly.
Utter pish.

Richard de Pesando MA(RCA) said...

the only parts of that film that were vaguely tolerable was at the end at Jake Gylenwhatsits parents house - partly because it was a relief that Gylenwhatsit was dead and partly because it was stifeling just having them two on screen all the time.
I really hate westerns, I hated the book and I loathed the earnestness of the whole thing.


Mind you, I have been threatened with violence for saying that before, more than once.

Sleepy said...

richard.. I'm with you!
I found myself getting angry and wound up just watching.
Never made it to the end, thankfully I found an episode of Family Guy!

Artemesia said...

Have you thought about tarting up those grey towels? Having some fun with them..
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=iron%20on%20decorations%20for%20fabric%20in%20london%20uk&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Just an idea..

Sleepy said...

artemesia.. Hehehe! Thanks!