Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Weekend Starts Here

Guess what?
I only fixed the fucking hoover!
I use the term ‘fixed’ in its loosest possible sense.
After having a bit of a spaz at the ‘crunchy’ nature of the carpet, I took the bastard thing apart.
Totally stripped it down. Took out bits that came out, forced out the bits that didn’t.
Then put it back together again, with nothing left over!
I gingerly plugged it in and fired it up and bugger me, it sucks like Gillian Taylforth now.

It’s no secret that I think Stephen Fry should be Prime Minister.
After this week’s Desert Island Discs, Miriam Margoyles has GOT to be in the Cabinet.
I’ve loved her for ages but I love her more now!

It’s Rosh Hashanah and I’m off to Wiltshire to celebrate the New Year with the Hounds!
A time to reflect, slough off all the old hurts, hates and general shite we’ve accrued this past year.
At some point this afternoon/evening I will be stood in the River Avon emptying all the fluff and crap from my pockets.
Once I’ve got the feeling back in my feet I’ll munch some apples and honey.
I should also be considering:
- What’s the most meaningful thing in my life?
- Who in my life means the most to me? How often do I let them know this?
- What have I achieved this past year?
- What do I want to achieve next year and in life in general?

What will actually happen is I will be curled up with the Hounds considering just how bloody gorgeous they are.

Shana Tova people.
“May you be inscribed and sealed for good”

3 comments:

Sassygril said...

Check out Michael Morpurgo's latest book. I think it's called 'Born to Run' and it's about a rescued greyhound. He's a children's writer and the illustrations are just great. Love to the houndly ones and enjoy the River. Reflecting on those qusetions seems a very profound thing to do.

Schneewittchen said...

Round of applause for the hoover!

'Nother round of applause for Miriam Margolyes (although I'd have her as PM).

Round of Apple Sauce for Rosh Hashanah.

Shalom.

Richard de Pesando MA(RCA) said...

Margoyles was inded very good, I always said we don't need a PM, we need a nanny.