Friday, September 26, 2008

Exotics And Strange Fruit

Waitrose online has a section in the veg section called ‘exotics’.
I don’t think this is what they had in mind!


Although, it does give Schnee a chance to have a good look at the difference between the frog and the toad!

These were liberated from Sassy's yesterday. Since her major garden overhaul, the habitat has altered drastically so they were transferred to my ‘Bucket’ pond!
I’d like to think we’ve done a good thing but I’m sure they have probably dragged themselves the nine doors back to hers!














Then sometimes you just have to look at the sky and think,
“Are you taking the piss?”


This is the third one that has grown like this.
I do appreciate a sense of irony in my supreme being, but I got it the first time!

The Tudors. At long frigging last they've topped Anne! Although I can't get my head around why anyone would want to be stood at the front.

3 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

We used to have a couple of American toads in the Nature House, much more useful for showing to children than frogs, since they can't jump so well. It seems as though if you torture creatures by keeping them in captivity, you prolong their lives, which seems rather unfair. However, they did both die just before the herptiles programme last winter.

The tommies - why do they do that? It seems so random.

Sleepy said...

Herptiles?
Are they Amphibians with Coldsores?!

Schneewittchen said...

Hahaha...herptiles = reptiles + amphibians.