Monday, June 11, 2007

Shears, Sugar And Shite

I’ve been a bit MIA today.
It’s been nice.
Flitting from thing to thing, starting something and not finishing it until a few hours later.
I’ve been stoned since about 11 this morning and have kept it going, not allowing for any ‘breakthrough straightness’.

I have taught myself how to sharpen garden shears without any life threatening injuries being incurred.
You all know what I can do to myself with Wire Wool.
I used the sharpening stone, WD40 and just tried to remember what the Grandfather did.
There was the temptation to use the brilliant knife sharpening steel that Crisp-e bought me.
As the thought popped into my head I knew it was a bad idea and it would end in stitches.
I listened to Sensible Sleepy.

Now for a Housemate rant.
We are going to have to work out a better system for indicating that something has run out.
There is no plain white flour in the house.
There is wholemeal shite, stone-ground wholemeal shite, Half & Half wholemeal shite, self raising and one that was fucking extinct for a bastard millennia, Spelt or something.
We have endless types of sugar.
White sugar, Icing sugar, Caster sugar, Black Sugar, Brown Sugar. Sugar that looks like bits of amber, sugar that you can’t even get a spoon in and fucking Sugar Cubes!
Plain fucking flour? Is there buggery.

Today was the day the ‘Green Bin’ is emptied.
People, I am indignant.
I had an ‘Admonishment’ hanging from the handle.
A piece of recycled card, that looks like the “Fuck Off, I’m Shagging” signs from hotel rooms.
Apparently, “Today they have noticed I have included….” stuff that cannot be recycled.
Mmmm. Here is a selection from the choice they gave me.
Glass bottles.
Drinks Cartons.
Foil.
Plastic Packaging e.g Food trays, tubs and pots..
Well, you get the idea.
They tell me to go to the Bottle Bank for the glass and just to ditch the other stuff in black bags, for landfill I suppose.

This is where the money is people.
If you have ‘spare’ money invest in any kind of ‘green’ rubbish collection.
Especially ‘Curb-side Collections’.
People are inherently lazy.
‘Where there’s muck there’s brass’ as the saying goes.
I say, Where there’s recycled muck, there’s DOUBLE the brass.
You will make a mint.
To those of you who took my advice, 12 years ago, to invest in Russian Gas companies.
Now do you believe me?
And this is the last ’Freebie’ you get!

3 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

There is no rhyme nor reason when Onyx does that - my theory is that it's such a boring job they have to make mischief once in a while, like the gas ppl who hang round the corner and wait until you're out before they call. You know the drill.
Still, on t'other hand, I'd rather have the recycling Nazis than none at all. (Even tho they piss me right off when they do that).

Sleepy said...

I'm a huge fan of recycling.
I thought I had got the household down to one black sack a week.
Not anymore.

If I set up a company doing curb side pick up's of glass, I'd make a fortune.
I need to look into How I charge people and what I do with it once if got it.
Come on Dr Sassy, get your business head on!

It's not Onyx anymore it's Amey or some other French lot.

Sassygril said...

Hmmm, this is an interesting idea- esp because local authorities are going in the direction of charging for 'excess' unrecyclable rubbish.
But my brain is totally scrambled just now and I'm watching How to look Good Naked...