Friday, June 01, 2007

Loz, Nymphs And Lymph

Today my niece is 18.
I was there when she was born and I thought she was brilliant from the start.
She used to love to read and when she was 5 we found an encyclopaedia under her pillow.
The Sister asked her what it was there for and she replied,
“It’s where I get my information” but with a tone in her voice that said,
‘Are you fucking stupid or what?’ I laughed so much.
Sometimes ATM used to look at her, forehead creased up, point between us and say,
“That, should be yours”.
THAT? Jesus! I’m not sure who that says the most about.
Fortunately, she is a ‘Girlie Girl’ and would go looking at clothes and jewellery for hours on end.
‘Shopping’, ATM and the Sister call it. To my mind ‘Shopping’ implies purchasing something that you have been looking at. I can’t remember that happening too much.
I am so proud that she has managed to break the cycle of her mother and ATM and get past 17, childless.
Nice one Loz. Love you.

Tadpoles have sprouted legs!
Well, some of them have. The newts are very active. The male is covered in spots, his tail is crinkly on top and his belly is bright orange.
His ‘pulling clothes’ according to the book.
Pulled an Emperor Dragonfly nymph out of the pond. Photographed and slung it back.
First one I’ve seen in this form. 2 years they are a nymph then last a matter of days once they hatch out.
Such a shame.








Housemate Claire went for her appointment with the Cancer people yesterday.
She starts Chemotherapy next week but has to have more scans of her lymph system.
I am scared for her, really frightened.
She doesn’t smoke, she doesn’t really drink, she doesn’t do drugs, she runs the Brownies, she is a good person.
It’s not right.

6 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Chemo is scary. Goddess be with Claire.
FABBO photos. I especially love the rose, just beautiful, but the taddy and the dragonfly are brilliant too.
We have just squadrons of different dragonflies at the park at the moment, but none will keep still so that I can photograph it.
Irony of ironies, I was on the trail with a school programme yesterday and one was hovering at a blueberry flower like it was stuck there. Sadly, of course, I didn't have the cam. Also can't work out why it was hovering at a blueberry flower. Perhaps it thought it was a bee.

Crisp-e said...

Goddess? All power to the science of chemo, I hope it works for her. Did you go with her? Love the photos too.

Sassygril said...

Eesh. Poor Claire. Thanks for the update - I'll bundle down tomorrow and have a chat. I'm assuming that family will be around to help. If there's a prob, do let me know as my job's highly flexible and I can always shift things around.

Gorgeous rose. Oh and BTW one of the princesses thoughtfully brought a dead bird into my bedroom this morning. Into the love palace! I blame your skanky boys...leading them astray...

Sleepy said...

Crisp-e.. I guilted the siblings into getting there arses in gear. She went totally 'Familied up', which was my plan.

Sassy.. Those Girls need my fellah's in their lives!!
I reckon Murff is riding one of them.. The Slut!

Word Verification: Quihnnoia = Fear of Malaria medication.

Crisp-e said...

Quihnnoia!! hahahahahahahahaha!

Schneewittchen said...

The Goddess is there to give Claire strength, I'm with you on the science of chemo Crisp-e.