Saturday, June 16, 2007

Tapas And Tunes

This photo shows the reason that Asda online should let me by veg by numbers, NOT by weight.
As you can see Leeks will be playing a huge part in our diet this coming week!


I managed to use quite a bit of it last night.
The BIG little brother and Tashy came round for Tapas-y food. Tashy is a vegetarian so there were only a couple of meat dishes. Nearly all the ingredients we had are considered excellent for those having Chemo as well, which is great.
They also brought their Top 5 cd's with them for me to rip onto the Apple.
This is a new rule at Sleepy Mansions for all who come to eat!
We munched, laughed, drank six bottles of wine and I have 9 new albums.


This is what some of those leeks and potatoes became.
The non posh glass in the foreground is mine. I can't be trusted with the 'crystal' so drink out of, what was once, a Nutella jar!
I almost have a complete set and ironically haven't broken a single fecking one!
It's early days yet and Crisp-e and I haven't got pissed in the garden for a while!


The third dish up is stuffed vine leaves that I make using the Sleepy Mansions vine.
Somehow they taste better because of it.
It doesn't seem to produce nice grapes but I'm determined to eat some part of it, seeing as I have to prune and contain the thing.








This is what it looked like at the end. Minimal left overs for lunch today!
I had my Brother drinking from a Nutella jar by the end and we decided that Poteen would probably taste excellent out of them. We also wondered how much effort there would be involved in setting up a still.
We were onto the Vodka by this point.

Tonight, 'the usual suspects' are all round to Sassy Manor for food and fun.

Lenten.. We will set a place for you.







6 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Sleepy Mansions is one of the few places that can claim to fulfill its original mission statement.
Nice to enjoy the table even vicariously.

LentenStuffe said...

What a banquet! A table as generous and as kind as the souls that gird it. I'm sure Sassy's is the same ... Wish I could be there, but, alas.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.... You know the story! Madness occurs!

Lenten... You WERE there!

Schneewittchen said...

I do indeed, there is no finer table,nor one so Rabelasian and Lenten, all of us 'absent friends' get toasted :)

Sassygril said...

Lenten, you were in our thoughts and a place was set for you. It will be set again when we meet and until you make it over to our homes.

LentenStuffe said...

Sassy,

I will take my seat at your table ere long. Thank heavens for yourself, Sleepy, E, Schnee and Crisp-E, and Artemesia and Galatea.

Slainte.