Monday, June 25, 2007

Sporrans, Swamps And Sport

The Scottish Sporran has fallen foul of the mental-ness that is European legislation.
A permit will be needed to wear one. They are traditionally made out of Otter or Wildcat fur and they are endangered species.
Some are made out of Badger and more scarily Hedgehog!
Jeez!
Not a mention of the fucking knives that are worn down the sock. Given that at least three teenagers have been stabbed to death in the last few days, it’s a bit fucking rich!

It has rained incessantly for the last 24 hours.
Glastonbury was a complete mud bath.
It always amazes me that people roll around in the stuff. I can never get it out of my head that, until a few weeks ago, cows were shitting and pissing in that field.
E.coli anyone?
Eating there would fill me with horror too.

“What can I get you?”
“Mmmm, I think I’ll have the Botulism Burger with a side order of Salmonella please.”
“There you go, that’ll be £12.50”.

Fuck that for a fun festival experience.
I have camped at Ullswater, in The Lake District, where it rained for three days solid.
I dug a trench around the tent with a dessert spoon to prevent the lot being washed away.
This just caused a torrent to rush through the tent in front. The occupants got a bit bitter and twisted, like I gave a shit.
They should have sorted out their own moat.

Wimbledon started today, so that’s rain guaranteed for the next fortnight.
It also guarantees that my housemates will hear the shout of,
“Married yet Virginia?”
Every time I hear her dulcet tones commentating!

6 comments:

Sassygril said...

I had one of the best meals ever at Glasto...a pancake with chocolate sauce, chopped banana and cream. Yummers. It went down well with the crate of lager...

Sleepy said...

Sounds gorgeous!
Although I can tell you Crisp-e's response straight away.............
"Slime!"

Schneewittchen said...

Sounds pret-ty damn good to me. Well, not the lager, but the rest, truly, truly, yummers.

That sporran thing is minging. Although, I s'pose it's not some kind of religious thingie, so they could make their wee girlie purse out of synthetic fibre.

I personally think it would be worth braving the mud to see the vogue off in the gay tent.

Sassygril said...

Oooh, how wonderful to go vogueing in a kilt with full on sporran! That gay tent thing sounded the best fun and almost worth being drowned in mud.

Sleepy said...

I would have loved to have seen footage from the 'Vogue Off', alas, there was none.

Sleepy said...

Sassy.. 'Shoot the drummer, Shoot, Shoot the drummer'!

Hehehe!