Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wilts And Wimbledon

I have been out and about in the fields of Wiltshire. The photo shows a ‘Jessie Eye’ view!
It has been lovely and sunny which seems to have brought out loads of butterflies, swallows and an Emperor Dragonfly.
As we walked up the lane we were warned that at least two dogs have been bitten by snakes recently.
“You fucking what?!” I managed to stop myself from saying out loud.
Crisp-e and I both choose holiday destinations by looking up the danger that is posed to us by the local wildlife.
Especially the small stuff.
If there are insects that can potentially kill us, we won’t go there.
Now I am faced with dangerous bitey fuckers in my own country!
Not fucking funny.

I’ve been watching a bit more of Wimbledon than I usually do.
Is it me, or are the women players getting better looking?
There are the ever present ‘Helga Heifers’ but on the whole they seem to be prettier.
Unfortunately, most are blonde and as many of you know, I don’t do blondes.
There is a ‘but’.
Maria Sharapova.
Not for the reasons you are all thinking, but out of curiosity.
If she sounds like that playing tennis, what the fuck must she sound like in bed?!
You’d need those thighs around your head to save your eardrums!
I want Mauresmo to win with Martina and Billie Jean commentating. There would be a symmetry to that.
Unsurprisingly, Henman is out. Why do people even bother to go along and cheer for him?
Talk about the triumph of hope over experience.

Back to Pompey tomorrow.
Back to rain.

No comments: