Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Wilting In Wiltshire

Today has been a gorgeous one.
Frigging hot though!
We walked for ages. Through fields, along the canal had some munch at Pewsey Wharf and back through the village.
Superb!
I faced down a ‘fierce’ Bull with a twig (all I know about bovines I learned from Withnail and I, not great!) and Jessie the Irish hound ended up with cow shite socks.
Some of the fields were quite boggy and shitty.
Along the canal we saw fish, dragonflies, butterflies, crayfish, swallows, and all sorts of bugs and creepy crawlies.
I still haven’t seen a Kingfisher, which is a real bugger!
But I refuse to sit in full camouflage gear for hours and hours just ’waiting’ for a blur of blue to pass me by like an F14!

I love being in the countryside but I do miss the sea.
I honestly believe that there is a split between ‘coastal’ people and ‘country’ people, but each have merits.
I think I must be coastal. The canals and the rivers are great but there is just something about the raw power of the sea.

Jess the Hound trying to 'blend' in with her surroundings! Just after this photo and we'd walked on a bit, the fecker laid down, couldn't be seen and refused to respond to her name.

There's no bossing an Irish Girl!

8 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Oh I'm totally with you on the missing the sea, once you've lived near it, you can't do without.
I think that now I wouldn't be able to do without the mountains either.

Sassygril said...

This all seems blissful. Especially the walks. The drains on Albert Road were in an awful state yesterday. Smelt like someone had died down there. See how I keep you up to date in your absence from home and hearth...

Crisp-e said...

Sassy: Some poor bastard probably is rotting down there! Much happens behind closed doors on that road!

Sleepy: Looks lovely down there. Sun has been fighting through the clouds today. Still warm though.

Sassygril said...

Crispy - it was HORRENDOUS. Definitely serial killer territory. People were walking down the road with tears in their eyes and hands clamped over their noses. And the smell seemed to go on for ever! Hilarious. God knows what was to blame but it was a real stinker!

Crisp-e said...

lol! Bad smells make me aggressive!!!! I have a pupil whose feet are so bad that you can smell them where he has been walking! Even when he's not in sight!!! HOW BAD IS THAT?

LentenStuffe said...

crisp-e, I can almost smell those crubeens from over here. There's nothing fouler, my friend, than the fungified foot. You can travel the world over twice, and backwards on Sundays, and smell nothing worse. Is placing said culprints beyond your misery permissible over there? What do I suggest? O perhaps a little defootification. Chop! Chop! Shallow Grave for disposable appendages ... eh? Eh? Reconcile with a prosthetic foot, no?

Hi sleepy, sassy and schnee. Have you all seen the logo the London Games Organizing Committee has come up with? It's giving little Lisa Simpson a bad name, and you can see why. They paid £40,000 for this shite. I'd've done it for £10,000. And guaranteed my fresco too.

Sassygril said...

It really reminded me of the title sequence to Top of the Pops in the 1980s. Absolute shite. I'd have even preferred some Damien Hirst animal in formaldehyde to that crap. But...on a happier note, the woman at work who has been driving me mental is hopefully going to leave shortly. I have been skipping like a puppy all day. I don't care that the place she's going to are mad enuf to pay her shedloads and promote her. I don't care. She will (hopefully) not be sharing intellectual space with me ever again and I am rid of her narcissism forever. Please God.

Sleepy said...

Am back in Pompey but didn't smell the drains!

Lenten..Housemate Claire reckons the London logo looks like Lisa Simpson giving a blowjob!

Sassy.. Whoo Hoo! On the good news!
As we have said before, you can always rely on the Peter Principle!