Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wet In Wiltshire

I am in a very wet Wiltshire.
The garden has taken off in the fortnight I haven’t seen it.
The tadpoles are still legless and fat but the water boatmen and diving beetles are putting in an appearance.
The Columbines are going to seed but the poppies are bursting out.
We’ve planted out the Tobacco plants I transplanted from Pompey and the bulbs we put in ages ago are coming up.
The bird bath and all the feeders are being well used but nothing in the nest box, yet.
We were so lucky being able to watch the Blackbird nest last year.
The rose I’ve been training up the arch we put in, is in flower and covered with buds.
In short, it’s looking fucking wicked!

I was also a complete tosser and dropped my camera onto concrete.
Not my greatest moment.
My own fault.
It had been precariously jammed into my pocket, and it was pointed out to me that it didn’t look safest way to transport it.
The camera didn’t like it very much, spat it’s batteries out and reset the date and time to somewhere around the turn of the 19th century.
It’s working at the moment, so fingers crossed!
At the time I wanted to punch myself in the head.


Springwatch is back in BBC2.
Schnee check out the webcam’s, for a taste of home!
I want to punch Bill Oddie about the head, violently.
Kate Humble, Eeeesh!
I want to do ‘rude things’, outdoors, with her.
She is very patient with Bill, but she does laugh like she wants him to shut up!
I love BBC nature programmes. I just don’t think they can be beaten.
ATM’s cousin is a sound recordist, who has worked with Attenborough on some of The Blue planet series.
He says that he is brilliant to work with. A really sound, down to earth bloke.
Which was nice to know.
I would have been really disappointed if he was a ‘lovey’ wanker.

4 comments:

LentenStuffe said...

Those colours are blinding.

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to give oneself a punch in the head. I sometimes wish I could give myself a good running kick up the hole ... one can't just stop a stranger on the street and ask him to oblige. That would be very forward, wouldn't you say?

Schneewittchen said...

If those tadpoles just happen to be bullfrog taddies, then they could stay fat and legless for as long as two years.

You two! What are you like? Just sternly reprimand yourselves and deny yourselves and confectionery Skodas.

Sassygril said...

Noooo, no denial! Confectionary Skodas essential to well being!

Sleepy said...

Lenten... I love the idea of stopping a stranger and ask for a boot in the arse!!

Schnee... Self denial? Are you mad. That's like deferred gratification and I don't do that either!

I think the tadpoles are Frog Ordinaire and I'm just being impatient.

Sassy... You go girl! Hehehe!