Tuesday, May 15, 2007

May, Smoke And Nazis

Probably because May is a hectic month for family birthdays (one every 2 or 3 days) I have been thinking of my relatives.
As some of you know I rent one of my properties to my Bi-polar ex brother in law.
I wanted him to have somewhere to live that was safe and he wasn’t constantly burgled and harassed, as he was on the hideous estate where he was living. All this did nothing to help his fragile mental state.
Also, I didn’t want my niece and nephew visiting him there and mixing with the scum that attend Mayhem.
A year after he moved in I had the falling out with my sister and ATM and haven’t spoken to either for 4 years.
Am I being unreasonable to think that while his kids visit him in MY fucking house, that he might bring them round to visit me or invite me to see them there?

In July the ban on smoking in public places comes in to effect.
As a professional smoker, I have no problem with this at all. I actually prefer to eat in a restaurant that is smoke free.
But a news item has got on my tits. They want to ban people smoking when they are driving because they could be distracted.
Fuck off!
In that case I suggest that all radios and audio devices be removed from cars, get the satnavs out, no passengers allowed unless you sit in total silence and kids are not allowed in cars at all.

As if I don’t hate the Catholic Church enough already, they are continuing with their mission to drive me to acts of disobedience.
Hitler’s Pope, Pius XII, who managed to turn a blind eye to the Holocaust, is going to be made a Saint.
Over my fucking dead, homosexual body.
Not much moves me to leave the house and protest, the Poll Tax marches being the last, but I will NOT sit by and watch this happen without a word.
Did he sign the declaration condemning the extermination of the Jews? Did he buggery.
When the Jews of Rome were rounded up what did he do?
Fuck all!
Sainthood for a man described as ‘the biggest moral coward’ of his time, what utter bollocks.
Let’s not forget that the present Pontiff was a member of the Hitler Youth.
I wonder how history will view him when his vitriol and encouragement cause a similar ‘pogrom’ against homosexuals.
Canonisation no doubt.

Check this out. I love 'Alan Shore', not like Sassy and The Chemist do! But I love him.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNUIKUvkSuo&mode=related&search

14 comments:

Sassygril said...

It's a great clip, isn't it? The punchline is wonderful. I also like the one where Brad can't say the word 'lesbian'. Where your family dilemma is concerned, you know the answer to this one - even if it's not terribly satisfactory. And that's to do with your sister's control freakery and that she would have no qualms about banning the kids from seeing John if she even suspected they were seeing you. And it also puts the kids in a difficult spot too. It's not ideal, it's not right - but put yourself in his shoes and tell me what you would do if you had his medical condition and an ex like your sister? She's got him by the balls where this one is concerned I think. At least for the time being. And there's time...

Sassygril said...

BTW, have you asked to see them?

Sleepy said...

Sassy.. I know you are totally right about the situation that he's in BUT it still fucking wrankles.
Yep, I have asked to see them.

L is 18 this birthday and I'm convinced she will turn up demanding the money I promised her if she made it to that age un-pregnant.
(I wanted her to break the chain. ATM was pregnant at 17, so was my sister.)
I know I will blow my fucking top if she does especially considering the amount her Mother stole from me.
I've mentioned it to Jon, so hopefully he'll advise her against it!

LentenStuffe said...

Sainthood for Pius! You're kidding me!

It's all a bunch of balls anyway. They must have how many verifiable miracles? What are P's miracles? I know, I know: Keeping his head while millions lost theirs. Rats!

Too bad you couldn't come. But someday, eh?

Sleepy said...

lenten.. I'm still coming to Ireland! Leave here on Friday!

Crisp-e said...

Mate, sorry you're not feeling well. Dropped of your card an present at home. Get well soon. x

Sleepy said...

crisp-e.. Thank you so much. You are a Prince!

Crisp-e said...

Sleepy: Interview on Friday!

Sassygirl: I don’t think I ever thanked you for the card? Thank you!

P.S. Not all people are avid readers for a reason. When you eventually come to my house, you will find very few books! Some people are just not into reading. I could similarly judge a person based on the fact that they have no interest in hanging paintings or photographs on their walls. As an educator, I am sure you will agree that there are many people who do not learn best from reading. I'm one of them. I just prefer my day-to-day enjoyment to come from visual stimulation, in all its forms!

So, so, sorry this is referring to an old blog, but the net has been playing up and I wanted to leave a comment at the time. x

Sleepy said...

Crisp-e.. Fantastic! I will have everything crossed for you, not that you'll need it.
They will only have to see you teach a lesson and be sold!
Just remember how nice it's going to be telling the Head to stick her job and her shite attitude straight up her jacksie!

I know you are not a reader in the same sense as the rest of us but I think you should 'share with the group' what your bed time book is!!!
HeHeHeHe..

Crisp-e said...

hahahahaha! Are you referring to the Chemistry txt book or the Nuffield Book of Thermo/Chemical Data? Both of which send me off to sleep within 10 minutes!

Sleepy said...

Either one of them my friend!!
Both are the strangest bedtime reading I've encountered!

LentenStuffe said...

sleepy,

That's good to know. Keep me posted ... please.

Sleepy said...

lenten.. Will do.. Will email travel plans and mobile number tomorrow.

Schneewittchen said...

Good luck Crisp-e, yer'll knock 'em dead anyway.

The whole of Vancouver has been smoke free for years, you seriously do rarely see ppl smoking, although don't want to panic you, I know Laurence smokes, just not sure exactly where. Probably in the school opposite us. In cars tho, they're still allowed to use their fucking mobile phones, they'd have to deal with that light years (I know, measurement of distance) before even starting to think about smoking.

That Pope thing, surely there must be a petition somewhere, I mean it seems rather more serious than whether Paris Hilton should be gaoled or not. It's an outrage anyway.