Sunday, May 27, 2007

British Bank Holiday

A new advert is getting on my tits.
This one is for Evian water.
It has a load of cute babies doing some sort of synchronised, Esther Williams swimming thing.
They are in full possession of those cute ‘babies bums’, but at the front they are as challenged as Barbie and Ken.
Don’t get me wrong, I WASN’T looking for anything.
It’s just they were conspicuous by their absence.

It’s a typical Bank Holiday weekend. It’s slashing down with rain, grey, miserable and fuck all worth watching on the TV.
There’s no food in the house, the cats are on tuna, I’ve run out of anti-inflammatory tablets and as kd lang would say,
“…. and on top of all of my tears and regrets, I’m down to my last cigarette.”
The internet is running really slowly. I keep thinking that it’s later than it is. A ‘Double French’ Day, where time just drags and for a moment you think you understand the Theory of Relativity.
In fact, I think I wish it was tomorrow.

On a positive note. A lady Australia contacted me through my flickr page.
She has written a book on garden herbs and she was asking for permission to use one of my photos in her book.
My Chives are going global!
Not a sentence I’d ever imagined I would use.
I was quite chuffed about that. Another one of my photos on there was used in a magazine article about what is happening at the site of the Twin Towers.
Flickr is a great place to look at and share photos but there is a dark side.
Rebekka Guoleifsdottir found her photos were being sold online by a photo printing site, without her permission or remuneration of any sort.
When she posted about it on flickr, the ‘powers that be’ removed her post.
Censorship is all around us.

5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Argh! Internet's playing silly buggers with me now! I'll just have to go away and sulk for a while and then try and remember what my comment was to reconstruct it.

Sassygril said...

I now have the central heating on and the gutters are overflowing. Just finished watching 'Miami Vice'. Yup, typical Bank Holiday! And I've finished stripping all the embossed wallpaper off one of the bedrooom ceilings. If I ever find the twat that put EMBOSSED wallpaper on a perfectly good ceiling I will give him a mouthful of abuse.

LentenStuffe said...

Congratulations on the photo selection: Yours truly are very good.

It rained a bit here today too, but that's just par.

I find there's nothing to kill the doldrums like watching movies about giant lizards eating people. If there was only another Jurassic Park for me to watch. They make me squeal with a pinkish delight!

Sleepy said...

Sassy.. Heating is on in Sleepy Mansions too!

Lenten.. I must admit to being partial to a bit of 'Jurassic-a'!
For some reason I had got it into my head that the 100 Greatest War Movies was on.... but I can't fecking find it!

Schneewittchen said...

Brilliant on the photo being used.

I remember the time going slowly from years gone by. Now it generally seems to involve meetings or air travel.