Monday, May 28, 2007

Rage Managed

In the film Peter Pan, the one with Robin Williams, he is with the Lost Boys and doesn’t remember who he is.
The Lost Boys aren’t sure either until the smallest one starts pulling his face about to get a smile.
Then he says,
“Ah, there you are Peter!”
Well, I’ve had that moment with Ian Paisley.
He has got his knickers in a twist concerning Church comments about his ‘pact’ with Sinn Fein deputy Martin McGuinness.
He roared,
“It is the ploy of Satan to attack those whom G-d has appointed as leaders”.
Ah, there you are Ian!
Nothing quite like political debate based on reasoned arguments.

I read today that the Parents of Madeleine McCann are going to meet the Pope in Rome on Wednesday.
Why? What the fuck use is he going to be?
They also said they were not going to leave Portugal without their daughter.
Some old Nazi in a dress can change that then?
If the Catholic Church are taking on this couple as the Catholic Poster Family.
Fucking Hell.
If this couple had adopted their three kids, the other two would be back in foster care by now.
Christ! Can you imagine the public crucifixion if it were a Gay or Lesbian couple?
None of this shit would be happening for them. Muck would be being raked up to smear them.
Used as justification as to why Gay people shouldn’t be allowed to have kids.

I don’t forget that at the centre of this a little girl is missing, but we know who is to blame, even if public opinion has been ‘Managed’ to the point that no one will hear a bad word said against them.
I remember a similar time just after Diana died.
They fucked up, not even absolution from the Pope can take that away.

10 comments:

Sassygril said...

I don't doubt that if the McCanns were gay they would be crucified. They also made a HUGE error in leaving three small children alone in their bedroom. But they didn't deserve to have that child taken from them. That's the crime that's been committed here. The negligence on their part doesn't make the kidnap right or justified in any way. And if I were their parents I would have done everything they've done to get my child back. Also, if you go and look at back issues of The Times, opinion was/is very divided and publicly so as to the McCann's decision to leave their children unsupervised. I wouldn't have done it, my parents certainly wouldn't have done it and none of my sisters or my brother would have ever left their children either. I also imagine that there will be alot of families on holiday this year who will take their children's security much more seriously - and so they should.

Sleepy said...

Fair enough. But I feel that the laziness surrounding kid's security is due to people quickness to blame 'someone else'.
'The Hotel should have..', 'Someone should have..' 'Security should have...'

Perhaps people will now understand,
"NO. YOU SHOULD HAVE..."

Sassygril said...

Absolutely, you are totally right. If you have kids they are YOUR responsibility. You should hear my sister on this issue. She teaches infants and the idea that PARENTS have to do something with regard to the wellbeing and education of their offspring seems to take a lot of them by surprised. YOu know the worst of the lot? Social workers. What happened to the idea that it was the job of teachers to teach children (and to discipline them when they were naughty) and the job of parents to assist in this process (like listening to children read and so on) but to take the overwhelming responsibility for their children's mental and physical health, their behaviour (in and out of school). I was educated in a mix of schools, state and independent, and that was always the case. What the fuck went wrong?

Sassygril said...

That spazz was totally your fault. I accept no responsibility for my actions. You provoked me. I am going to come down to Sleepy Mansions and berate you roundly for having provoked me to a state of heightened indignation. It's all your fault...

Sleepy said...

Hahahaha!!!

It was such a good spazz though!

Sassygril said...

Imaculate :-)

LentenStuffe said...

With children things happen with lightning speed. In the space of a single turn about tragedy can strike. That why I'm not favouring chance with any better odds than it already has. And yet it's a delicate balance between micromanaging your kids and giving them the freedom to be kids. Fuck it, a bit of common sense goes a long way -- when out foreign watch your damn kids!

Sassygril said...

That is sooo true. One of the worst moments of panic I have ever experienced was when I momentarily lost Rachel, my niece. She was about 4 and she, her brother and I went down the road from her house in Bristol. One moment she was with me, the next her brother was asking where she'd gone. I've never forgotten that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, the panic and the dread. We found her inside 2 minutes but those are 2 minutes of life I never want to experience again. I understand now why my mother used to get so cross and snappy when I roamed as a child in far safer times...she wasn't snappy because she was forced out into the street yelling for me, but because of that terrible fear that this might just be the one time I didn't dutifully come home.

Sleepy said...

Today the McCanns fly, by Private Jet, to Rome.
Leaving their other two children back in Portugal.
The kids, the papers were telling us days ago, they can't sleep unless they are clutching.

Sick bag anyone? It's going to be a bumpy flight.

Sassygril said...

I thought you'd clock that one! Saw that it was second news item on the breakfast news and immediately thought of you and the brown paper bag...
Dunno if you saw any of the TV interviews with the McCanns, but the mother looked totally out of it. As I guess you would. I'd have had to have been on strong meds to have coped...