Saturday, May 05, 2007

Cinco, Salvia And Bores

This is a picture of a freaky looking Ladybird in my garden today.

The Big little brother came round this afternoon and we celebrated Cinco De Mayo with some Salvia Divinorum, also known as Diviner’s Sage.
This is used by Mazatec tribal shaman who consider it highly spiritual.

“Salvia can shift perception in to altered states of consciousness and perception”, according to wikipedia.

It looked like grass and is smoked in a pipe.
A most bizarre experience.
It came on very quickly and I felt as though I was being forced back into my seat, like a rollercoaster ride.
My skin tingled as though air was moving across it at speed.
I looked at my brother and he appeared to be in the same sort of trouble.
For some reason I said,
“Ride it like a ride at Epcot!”
We burst out laughing and got quite hysterical for a while. After about 10 minutes it was over.
It lingered for a little while, making accessing words really difficult.
I must admit it wasn’t one of my favourite drug experiences and I wouldn’t bother with it again.
Another one ticked off the list.

As well as being Cinco De Mayo, and I might just add, it should be law that all French defeats are celebrated; it is Kierkegaard’s birthday.
I like existential philosophers, even though they are not so fashionable and conflict with postmodernists.
But, fuck it!
I suppose a philosophy, that places emphasis on the uniqueness and isolation of the individual experience set in a hostile universe, appeals to my Asperger's nature.
I like to think of them as a bunch of dope smokers round a sturdy kitchen table drinking, giggling and coming up with their stuff.
Maybe they’d be ‘Bloggers’ today.

“I begin with the principle that all men are bores. Surely no one will prove himself so great a bore as to contradict me in this”.

Soren Kierkegaard.

No comments: