Monday, May 14, 2007

Country Day

People I am not well.
I have done some serious vomiting today.
I have no idea why but it hasn’t been pleasant.

We had a walk along the canal, the first time in a while because of Jess the Wonder Hound’s poorly feet.
I’d love to show you photos of the Swallows swooping down over the canal but the fuckers were too fast!
They were amazing and really seemed to take great delight in flying.

After the torrential rain we have had the pond in the garden is looking really healthy. The tadpoles are huge and look like legs are going to burst out of them at any moment.
The roses all have buds and some have actually flowered.

I’m feeling too rough to carry on so I will ‘show’ you my day.





5 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Noooooooooooooooooo you poor thing. Get well.
I loved the columbines.

Tadpoles reminded me that we fed our snake six of the little blighters last Friday. We put them in a clay dish in her tank and she had to chase them around under water, only her senses don't work very well under water, so it was very hit and miss. She just wound round and round with her mouth open and her head moving this way and that until she caught one.

Do you sleep better when you're in the country retreat? Just that one of my colleagues was explaining to me in a very scientificacious way today how the sleep hormones work better when you spend time outside early in the day and particularly when surrounded by greenery.

Schneewittchen said...

On last night's episode of Entourage, Vince was wearing a T-Shirt that was designed for you. You know the old classic AC/DC T with the gothic letters and the jagged lightning separating AC and DC? White on black.
That, except his/yours says AD/HD. How perfect is that?

Hope you're better soon.

Sleepy said...

schnee.. Your colleague may be onto something there because I actually do sleep better here!
I sleep even better in Ireland for some reason.

I am going to look for that tee-shirt! It's SO mine!

LentenStuffe said...

I hope you're doing better today. Yesterday was a write-off in my house. Only when sleep arrived did a calm descend. A bad Monday.

The photographs have a soothing effect.

Sleepy said...

lenten.. Totally cured today, thank G-d. I didn't fancy travelling the way I was feeling.
Although, puking all the way through the first holy communion celebrations did appeal!