Thursday, May 17, 2007

Grub, Scoff, Scran, Munch

Thank G-d for Prochlorperazine!
I know it sounds like serious drugs but they’re like sea sickness tablets.
I’m still sick and dizzy but these babies stop my brain telling me I am.

A couple of my favourite TV cooks are Dave and Si, ‘The Hairy Bikers’!
They don’t appear to have had any kind of formal training but just love their grub and enjoy cooking it.
On this evenings show they were in Brussels. They were chatting with one of the UK’s MEP’s. He was saying how European legislation is fucking up our food. He said that in 10 years time we will only be ‘allowed’ decaffeinated coffee and that smoking will be totally and utterly banned.
Fuck that!

Our beef is only hung for 21 days, which is just not long enough. Five weeks is best.
I can’t wait to get to Ireland and have some proper roast beef. It’s not hung for 5 weeks but it’s longer than ours.
The rashers, not that I eat them, are thicker and not full of water.
I know they will make me sick as a dog but seeing as I’m puking anyway, I am going to stuff myself with Bantry Bay Mussels. I will have my pint of Guinness, even though I don’t like the taste of the stuff. To me, it tastes like liquidised brown bread and I don’t like that shit either.
Unless it’s Soda bread, which is a totally different animal all together, it has Bi Carbonate of Soda and buttermilk in it.
Proper corned beef, not that shite in a tin, that my Dad insists is actually dog meat mixed with Guinea Pig.
Sorry, I’m a bit food obsessed at the moment.
All I’ve had for the last 3/4 days are 2 slices of dry toast and gallons of water.

All the news programmes are telling me Gordon Brown is the new Prime Minister.
Ummm. Don’t we get a say in this? I understand that the Labour Party chooses who it wants to be the leader but don’t I get a democratic vote to choose the PM?
Maybe I’ve got the wrong end of the stick.

Happy 12th Birthday to my niece CJR... x

7 comments:

Sassygril said...

Steak, baked alaska, fat!

Ooooh, baked alaska...apple charlotte...spotted dick and custard...

Sleepy said...

Cracker of a show tonight!

Pioneers! Visionaries!

Schneewittchen said...

Wow, I must say that there were many things I loved about Ireland, but the food wasn't one of them. BUT like many things, it depends where you go.

Canada's not famed for its food either but she bloody well should be.

Hope you have a damn fine trip and get better soon. I must say this is going on waaaaay longer than the thing I had which was excessively violent but relatively short.

Schneewittchen said...

You elect a political party and the leader of the political party with the most seats is invited by Her Majesty to form a government. Ergo, if the leadership of the political party changes, so does the Prime Minister.

MelJolieNME said...

Sleepy,


I am starting to get worried about you, are you feeling better yet???

What is the story with your PM anyway, you know our media is fucked here in america and we never get the true story..

i've slept and so haven't been posting

Schneewittchen said...

Mel, Sleepy's in Ireland at the moment, visiting rellies, so that's why she hasn't been posting.

Tony has resigned because he said he would when he won the last election. In Britain, the party leader will tend to leave halfway through a cycle rather than at the end in order to give the new person time to campaign, it's all about the party, not the individual, although Tony has been an exceptional and charismatic leader, so he's a tough act to follow, but he must think Gordon is up to the job.

LentenStuffe said...

mel & Schnee,

Got to meet the Inimtable One here in Eire, and can assure you she's in finest fetter, even sleeping, thanks to that weighty pall, aka squall-bearing clouds.

What a noble lass!