Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Cinco De Beltane

It has been an excellent Bank Holiday weekend culminating in last night’s Cinco de Beltane celebration with Housemates, Sassy and the Random One.
I made Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo and we lit up the garden with candles and a fire for Beltane.
Much Tequila and wine was drunk and the police spotter plane was repeatedly mooned.
The picture is slightly blurred, that would be due to me being more than slightly drunk.


While gardening I managed to dislocate my finger.
I wanted to let rip with a resounding, “FUUUUUUUUCK!” but it was really early so I kicked the shit out of the compost bin instead.
I relocated it but Housemates aren’t convinced the finger is actually straight anymore.
The garden is starting to look the business.
The pear, the apple and the plum trees all have fruit coming.
The tomato seedlings are doing well and the blackcurrant and the vine both have healthy shoots.

I’m seriously considering getting a pet chicken maybe two, I don‘t know if they need company.
I think it would be cool to have them mooching around the garden and if I get it from this place it’ll be good karma.
Tikka and Pathia are the front running names, although Pasanda has a nice ring to it.

I don’t know why I keep looking at this, but there is something hypnotic about it.

It pleases me that there are people like this out there!

This is my tune of the day.
Listen and I bet you have a little bit of a sing.
It is also an effective earworm, so expect to keep humming it!

6 comments:

Crisp-e said...

The garden looks beautiful! Go for the chicken thing, that would be most excellent.

Sleepy said...

The more I look into it, the more it looks do-able!

Crisp-e said...

btw sorry to hear about the finger.

Sleepy said...

Cheers.. Not the first time but it bastard hurts until it goes back!

Schneewittchen said...

Oi! Hope you raised a glass for me, I refuse to be left out of these things just cuz I'm 8,000 km away!

Eek on the finger, but I guess you were pretty well anaesthetised.

Chickens! Yay! My vote would be for the ironic name, say, 'Turkey Lurkey' or some such. My assistant Alex's bro bought a chick from a market and they didn't know what sex it was - until it started waking the neighbours every morning at dawn.

Sleepy said...

Schnee... Of course a glass was raised for you!

The finger I did at about 9am so wasn't as numb as it could have been!

I think all the Battery Rescue chickens are Girlies!