Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May Thirteenth

Kenneth the Cat has always been one on his own.
I’ve never encouraged any of the felines to be ‘Lap Cats’ but Kenny won’t even be picked up.
He just doesn’t like it. He bitches, scratches, growls and whines to get away.
As I let him jump from my arms this evening with a resounding,
“Be nice! I fecking feed you! Ungrateful fucker!”
Mr Next Door With The Kids said,
“Yeah, and stop bullying our cat.”
What do you say to that?
I wanted to respond,
‘And your point? Your poncey cat wants to butch himself up a bit. Bloody Poof! That’s what happens if you take a cat to France for several years. Ruins ‘em so it does!’
I didn’t.
I apologised! I fucking apologised for my cat!
A creature beyond training or ‘owning’.

Happy 21st to niece Sinead.

3 comments:

Sassygril said...

Kenneth is a prince. He has HUGE paws and a matching tail of impressive dimensions. A pure piece of gorgeousness. If I were a cat I'd be proud to be harassed by a feline as handsome as Kenny.

Sleepy said...

Thank You!

If I'd been told it was Murff, I would have believed it!

But Kenny The Din?... Never!

Schneewittchen said...

Some cats deserve to be bullied by other cats - like you said really.