Sunday, May 11, 2008

May Eleventh

Today is my birthday.
It’s an even numbered one so it has been celebrated!
Last night a leg of lamb was barbecued, friends came round and vast amounts were drunk.
Guitar was played in the garden and there was much laughter.
It was brilliant. A perfect night.
I received some belting presents.
Lots of books from Mad Matt, a garden ornament from Crisp-e, an inspired packet of smokes and can of Red Bull from Mrs A, a Hypotrochoid Art Set (Spirograph!) from Sassy, Booze, Booze, Booze from all and sundry, a book token and my absolute favourite, a retro Spurs shirt!
Heaven.
Thanks to all who came and celebrated with me, it couldn’t have been better.

Now I am just chilling out with a bottle of Pouilly-Fumé and a joint, which will be followed by a bottle of Sancerre and quite possibly, another joint!

Nature gave me a birthday present too!
The radishes I planted the other day are sprouting.
I’m delighted!

6 comments:

Ana Jurney said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a peaceful and fun celebration! Best wishes for the rest of your year!

Sleepy said...

Thank You!
I've had a blinding weekend!

Schneewittchen said...

Happy Birthday Happy Radish Day, Happy Lamb Day, Oh, happy day! The eleventh of the month is such a good day for a birthday.

Sleepy said...

Schnee... Thank you! It is a good day!

Belle said...

happy birthday! you are one year closer to being an old fart. lol!

Sleepy said...

Belle.. I achieved that long ago!