Sunday, May 18, 2008

May Eighteenth

After yesterday’s festivities I managed to drag my arse from bed and went to Mass.
I always thought that the time before it actually started was for saying your prayers and getting your head in the right place.
I really object to this period being used for us to practise the bloody hymns.
Choose fucking hymns everyone knows to begin with you wankers.

There was a Food Festival on this weekend and I had a trundle down there at lunchtime.
It was superb!
There were loads of stalls and farmer’s market type things going on.
I’ve got myself a Hungarian Black Chilli plant which I can’t wait to see in fruit.
I was very tempted by a huge Paella pan but seeing as I don’t like the shitey stuff it would have been a bit of a waste of shekels.
Still, a nice looking pan though!
I got Crisp-e an excellent apron. He doesn’t like the one he has got; apparently it’s a bit Poncey!


This afternoon Sassy, The Tame Pharmacist and I went down to the Common to see the Pompey FA Cup winning side.
As it turned out we saw sweet FA and heard even less!
But it was great to be there and be part of it.
It only happens every 70 years!
The BBC news claims 200 000 people were out to see them.
There are only 200 000 people in the city so I kind of doubt their figures.


Why aren’t the United Nations doing anything about Burma?
I thought one of their purposes was to protect people from their governments?
It’s a fecking disgrace.
A sniff of oil and the Septics would be all over it like a rash.

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Ohmygod! That totally pisses me off too! I want more quiet in church and less bloody gratuitous organ playing.

Austen was saying that the Old Bill were expecting some huge number of people coming into the City, he was worried about being unable to drive off the island (prior engagement).

The UN are a waste of fecking space and effort.
Burma have never harboured the scumbuckets who attacked the US, Britain and Spain, nonetheless, the US did go in and sort out Somalia at one point, but whatever they do they are criticised, damned if they do, damned if they don't.
You're right, it's the UN's job. It's the reason they exist.

Sassygril said...

Hmmmm...I'm hearing the words 'regime change'...I clearly need to go and rinse out my addled brain.

Yesterday was a blast. It's a real shot in the arm for the city even tho the celebration down the sea front was amateur beyond belief. So Pompey.

Schneewittchen said...

Portsmouth deserves this though, however gobshitey and arsey some fans can be, they are bloody loyal to their team. Nothing else, but their team, totally.

Sleepy said...

Schnee.. Absolutely! For those fans who have followed them down the divisions then back up again.
Although, I did wonder how many present yesterday had actually set a foot in Fratton Park!