Friday, May 30, 2008

Injuries

The day started well.
A delivery from Amazon and then an instant dilemma.
They have sent two copies of the same book, The Romanov Prophesy by Steve Berry.
They haven’t charged me for it so my problem is, send it back or register it at Bookcrossing and ‘release’ it.

At last my Chilli seeds have sprouted.
I was starting to think about giving up on them but I’m so glad I didn’t.
As an experiment I planted a couple of seeds from a butternut squash we had a couple of weeks ago, amazingly they have come up.
Now I have to learn about their cultivation and see if they will grow ‘upwards’.
I’m sure it can be done.

This afternoon I got out a bottle I’d been saving for its unusual shape.
I had a ‘garden’ idea for it.
It had a collar on it, that half metal half lead like stuff round the neck
“A steak knife will go through that fecker like butter”, I thought and set about it.
It went through something all right.
The big fleshy bit below my thumb and out just under the webbed bit.
It bled like a Prince of Russia.
The knife was serrated so pulling it out removed what can only be described as ‘Innards’ or ‘Giblets’.
Somehow I got it all back in.
Disturbingly, when I looked for the knife I discovered that, in shock, I had returned it to the knife block!
I ‘phoned the Tame Pharmacist and explained the situation, adding that it being a Friday I didn’t fancy a trip to A&E.
Stitches were brought home and Rambo like repairs took place by the pond with me swinging from Tortuga Rum (Thanks Sassy!) and toking on Holland’s finest.
It aches like a bastard and there is some considerable swelling.
The shocker is this isn’t the first time I’ve needed stitching due to trying to remove this bit from a bottle.
The last time I hit a finger.
Ironically, I’ve been using a chisel for the last few days and have been waiting for just such an injury.

I saw this soon after and it did nothing to improve my mood.
They are such Wankers.
Come on! We want more of this despotic shit so more people leave and the Church HAS to change.
Especially seeing as there are now probably more breeding Pandas than there are priests.

I have seen Crisp-e today and in keeping with our usual ’High Brow’ conversation, Slug slime and wet toilet wipes were hot topics!

4 comments:

Sleepy said...

Sorry!
It is.. Won't hinder Rib of Beefness!
I am and I am!!

Schneewittchen said...

Holy Carp, that sounds horrific. I think you could have your own exhibit in the London Dungeon.
You're right about the whole Catholic Church thing. The whole Apostle argument is so fecking lame. I mean, they were all Jewish, all circumcised, all dark-haired, but basically, yes, it was the social norms of the day.
God probably excommunicated his supreme Naziness some time ago anyway.

Schneewittchen said...

Oh, and the green thing to do and thus the most karmic, is the bookcrossing way.

Sassygril said...

Ah the rib of beefiness! Getting pudding ingredients today - I thought I'd do something with a bit of a lemon/citrus tang to it to cut against the beef. God, I sound like a right foodie toss pot. I also see that arctic roll is making a come back, but I haven't seen that little item in the chiller cabinet for yonks! Yummers in exchelsis.

On the whole excommunication thing - it really won't do. So much has been written on the women around Jesus, to take this narrow line is really idiotic and highly offensive.