Monday, May 26, 2008

Recycling The Bank Holiday

The dreary start to the Bank Holiday meant that I was stoned before breakfast!
This led to Early Onset ‘Carpentry’.
Made worse when the day started to cheer up.
These are the legs to an old garden table. I unscrewed the caps on the bottom, cut a couple of them down a bit and sunk them in to the ground.
I’ve stuck a Strawberry in one and Oregano in the other.
The two either end are going to have chives in.
It’s an experiment!
The table top is now providing a sturdy, level base for the mini greenhouse thing.
I have also been doing unspeakable things to slugs and snails.
I tried drowning them in a bucket.
Not wholly successful or guilt free.
I’ve resorted to the old method of, “Throw Them As Far A Possible”.

My inner conspiracy theorist was tweaked this evening.
The interwebs went down, alleged Virgin updates.
My mobile phone wouldn’t work; allegedly the network was too busy.
But the TV worked, I have access to what ever “they” pipe in to my television.
Mmmmmm..
What are you hiding from me?

6 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

I could tell you what I'm hiding, but that would let the cat out of the bag, wouldn't it? And how would you know I was being totally honest? I can't reveal what I hide from myself... Hmmm time to go to sleep, I think. I'm rambling inconsequentially. Or does this drivel have a hidden meaning? (answer - no!)

Sleepy said...

Crikey!

Release the feline! Release the feline!
It's only fair.

Schneewittchen said...

Holy Carp! I LOVE the table leg planters. Brilliant!

Oh the irony, I have been out unsuccessfully looking for slugs this avo - Slugfest on Sunday. If I were you I'd feed them to the frog. Frogs are good slug eaters. So are skunks apparently, but you don't want to be doing with those feckers. The old slug pub really works though and personally, I feel that's all beer is good for.

As for Leigh - well, let's just make stuff up ;)

Sleepy said...

After a bit of research I have found that the Roman Snail (helix pomatia) is quite rare on these shores.
They are also protected.
I DID have loads in the garden but I was a one woman pogrom out there.
The guilt.
More depressingly...
The Karma.

Haven't seen Annie the Frog for a few days.
Gorging I hope.

About Leigh.. Oh yes, Totally!

Sassygril said...

You think you've got guilt and karma coming your way, let me tell you you ain't seen nuttin yet...

I bought an old Genesis song on itunes. What the feck do you think I'M going to get by way of retribution from a vengeful taste god? Must buy indigo shrug to re balance my style ying and yang...

Sleepy said...

Sassy.. It's going to take more than Indigo Shrug to offset a horror like Genesis.
What were you thinking? I can only hope it was a moment of madness that has passed.