Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Astrakhan And The Pox

I have been out and about today.
It was so fucking cold I had no shame in wearing the furry Russian Military hat I bought in Budapest.
It renders me completely deaf but is the warmest thing I’ve ever had on my person.
Other than, another person.
Then the word Astrakhan popped into my head.
My Grandfather was always going on about Astrakhan coats and hats.
So I looked them up, thinking one might match my hat.
I can’t really see myself in it but it does look the fecking business.
Wikipedia tells me Astrakhan is the fleece of Karakul lambs.
Then I surfed into this.
Foetal fur? For fuck’s sake! That’s nasty.
I don’t think I’ll be putting one on my back.
Gorbachev put it on his head and look at the mark that left!

Housemate Pat popped back from her sister’s today.
I, unsuccessfully, tried to keep the look of horror from my face as I was confronted by the first adult I have seen with Chickenpox.
While convalescing with her family she’d caught it from her niece.
I don’t know why I assumed she would’ve had it as a child. They must get other stuff in Malaysia.

I know I shouldn’t but, Hehehehe!

Kenny saying his prayers to Ceiling Cat!


*Astrakhan And The Pox. I'm liking it for a band name!

3 comments:

Some Chilean Woman said...

Love the coat but I want to see your sleepy self in that hat!

Adult chickenpox? Poor Pat! Sending some virtual chicken noodle soup.

Sleepy said...

I'll see what I can do about a hat pic.
I was sat with it on indoors last night it was so cold.

Pat looked horrendous!
I don't remember having Chickenpox but I remember the Calamine lotion.

Schneewittchen said...

Crikey, she's had a run of sickness hasn't she?

The whole Astrakhan thing sounds beyond belief! I can't imagine why anyone who actually knew what it was would wear it - oh apart from that boor Jeremy .... can't remember his surname, must have blocked it out, awful everyone hater on that car show. Planet killer, women-hater bloke.