Thursday, January 08, 2009

January 8th 2009

I am convinced that there is a Bail Hostel or some sort of ‘Care in the Community’ house a few doors along from me.
The men and it’s only men, who live there are middle aged and clothed in donated chic.
The residents seem to change pretty regularly, every six months or so.
They are in and out all day long. Returning with random bits of shopping.
A bag of spuds and milk then an hour or so later they’ll go out and get a bottle of coke.
This leads me to believe that they have been ‘institutionalized’ in some way.
1. They like to get out a lot.
2. They have no idea how to shop.
Then I got to wondering how I would find out if there was sort of facility in the street.
It appears there is no way to find out.

A couple of questions.
Firstly, why, once you mop the floor, does it become your floor?
“Fuck’s sake! Get off MY floor I’ve just washed it!”
I had a bout of that today.
Secondly, am I the only one who washes the mop head? Takes it off and boils it up kind of wash it?
I only ask to see if these things are general or if I have been ‘channelling’ my Grandmother all afternoon.

2 comments:

Richard de Pesando MA(RCA) said...

One of the dogs wee'd in the dining room last night - I went out onto the patio to get the mop and bucket and it had frozen into a solid block....pretty much sums up my life at the moment.

I did try cleaning a mophead once but it disintegrated.....have not bothered again.

Sleepy said...

Ahh! But it entered your head to try and clean it.

My mini pond has at least 3 inches of ice on it.
I took to it with a hammer!