Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday 25 January 2009

I’ve had a good day.
My sister dropped round and I got to spend some time with my nephew.
He is nine months old now and mildly interesting. They're no use to me until they are about two and a half, three.
We noticed today that he has the same mad double crown thing going on with his hair as I do.
It was nice, it made me feel a bit more connected to him.
Like all the other boys in my family he is a great little cuddler.
The girls all give the impression they wouldn’t piss up your arse if your kidneys were on fire and have done since the moment they were born.
There is a family story that we are descended from the last Viking King of Scotland.
(Probably a load of bollocks like most of these stories!)
The last one dying around 1905. The family story goes that at his funeral, which was a full on burn the fecker in a boat affair, a riot broke out.
It made the papers because it was the women of the family who were punching out the police left right and centre, not the men.
Funnily enough I don’t think this bit is bollocks!

You just got to love the ‘Christianity’ of the Catholic Church.
Take away from the poor just to prove a fucking point to one man?
Yeah, I’m sure that’s just what Jesus would have done.

Why am I at all surprised that a Pope with a Nazi past would ‘pardon’ this prick?
Fat fuckers need to stay away from me; I’m obviously susceptible to infection.
Would I be protected if I surrounded myself with anorexics?

At least I have the new series of Shameless to look forward to this week.

4 comments:

Crisp-e said...

Lovely shot, you're nephew is very cute!

Sleepy said...

Thanks mate!

Some Chilean Woman said...

Your family history sounds pretty rad to me -makes me want to learn more about my own. All I know about mine is that my great grandma got cuddly (more like the boys in your family) with a Libyan sailor. Somehow I think my ggma made that shit up.

Sleepy said...

Oooh! A Libyan sailor! That would be a great one to try and verify.

My Grandfather always told us we were nearly all born Mexican!
When he tried to get back in to Britain after fighting in the Spanish Civil War they wouldn't believe he was English.
Until his sister turned up and vouched for him he was booked on a boat to Mexico!