Monday, January 26, 2009

Competitions And Checkouts

Entries 173 - 180 are our very own Crisp-e’s!
Check it out people, three in the final.
Some of us are going to the ‘first night’ with him and Mrs Crisp-e.
I think our job is to drink whatever is free, slag off the competition, intimidate the judges and ‘encourage’ people to buy his stuff.
Unless my understanding of Moral Support is off base.
Fortunately Dave the Artist will be there and he knows how to behave at such things.
Although I fear it will end up feeling like a school trip with the ‘challenging’ children for him.

Why do they insist on making me a criminal?
For some of us, it’s only the weed that prevents us from committing murders!
I wouldn’t sleep AT ALL and would have to be medicated with man made shit.
With all the various contraindications they come with, ‘serious psychosis’ included.
It’s not like I don’t know the risks.
I saw what weed did to my Bi Polar brother in law.
What he was smoking was not the problem in itself, being an undiagnosed manic depressive was.
It just exacerbated an underlying mental condition NOT caused it.

It’s mainly the overuse of ‘Richard’ that does it for me!

Those of you who do, could you offer one up for The Sainted Mammy and The Nutty Daddy away in the ‘Wesht’ of Ireland.
He is in respite care at the moment to give TSM a break.
It is now time for her to seriously think about full time care for him.
I can’t imagine how hard having to make that decision is especially as it’s their 50th anniversary in March.
Since being in the care home TND has added some new behaviours to his Alzheimer’s CV.
Head butting and spitting! The head butting cracked me up!
Almost as much as when he started blowing his nose in the curtains.
That one repeated one me for days.

Also one for my mate Smudger who died yesterday.
The cancer hit hard and took him fast.
A dear and wise friend, who did his best to teach me how to ‘play the game’ when working in a school where the head is a cunt.
Martin Smith, you were a gentleman and I’ll miss you.

3 comments:

Crisp-e said...

Smudge, RIP mate. A sad loss.

Sleepy, I'm glad you're all coming.

Sassygril said...

I am so sorry about your friend. We all need someone like that to help us navigate aspects of work and life.

But great news about the photos - esp since two of them were the ones Crisp-e did for my birthday!! I told you they were good. They need to join the Freud collage in the office, so you will have to help me mount and frame them as I can't do that stuff for shit.

And I loved the letter. I cried laughing.

Schneewittchen said...

Cannot believe who quickly Smudger went. Bloody hell. Wonder if he can hear better now.

The Mammy and Squiddly Duddly will be prayed for, but even more for she who loves them most.

I have a Crisp-e original on my wall!! Woohoo! Good luck mate!

It's bizarre what people are allowed to do and what they're not. Come the revolution (mine) I'll bloody criminalise misuse of prepositions and using adjectives instead of adverbs. Also past participles. You'll be able to do as much weed as you like in the privacy of.