Monday, January 12, 2009

Boots, Noise And A Tune

I had to buy some new walking boots.
The last pair lasted nine years but as I took my foot out of one of them last week, I disembowelled it.
Everything that was supposed to be inside it, wasn’t.
Because they had lasted so well I decided to go for the same brand again.
I’m one of those loyal idiots.
Check ‘em out!
I only paid £34 for them.
Thank Christ for child sized feet and their VAT free status.

For 15 minutes this evening someone tried to start a car right outside.
A noise that drives me mental.
It sounded like somebody was sawing steel girders and because I refuse to get rid of the wooden sash windows, they may as well have been in the living room with me.
I was just about to lose the plot, open the front door and scream,
“You’ve flooded it, you pointless twat!”, when the fucker started.
This meant another ten minutes of, ‘revving’.
Starting on the 19th the council are going to be ‘undertaking major tree works’ in my road.
Whatever they may be.
For four days, between 9.30 and 3.30 there will be no parking in the street at all.
I don’t drive so it doesn’t bother me but I can’t wait to see the street car free.
If they wanted to chop down the tree right outside my gate I wouldn’t be too upset.
Frigging thing drops leaves everywhere and I’m convinced it’s undermining the foundations of the house.

This is my tune of the day.

4 comments:

Some Chilean Woman said...

Children sized feet? I'm jealous! There are so many cute shoes I'd wear...

Ironically my engine light came on today...boooo!!

Sleepy said...

Size 5 is a kids size here!
Handy!

Schneewittchen said...

Oh yes, me too, size 5. (7½ US) That's a good price on those though, I doubt you'd get them cheaper in North America.

Sleepy said...

There is a shop at Gunwharf.
Seems to be cheaper if you go in.