Friday, March 23, 2007

Cricket And Kubrick

Well, who would have thought that Cricket would drive someone to murder?
Suicide, I can understand, but murder?
A more boring, pointless, endless game you couldn’t find. What sort of madness is it, when a game can last days and still end in a draw?
Even worse, they shake hands and are quite happy with that.
What bollocks.

Adverts… Bane of my life… Orange ad, I think, where people are merged together, then all start appearing, freaks me right out. I don’t know what it is but it makes me feel really uneasy and a little bit queasy.
Don’t even get me on the ad’s where they use the Father, Brother or Mother of some so called ‘star’!.
Fucking Robbie Williams’ Dad! A man who pulls his trousers up just that little bit TOO far for a salad dodger.
Know what I’m saying?
Wayne Rooney’s Brother! Jaysus! Another one who wants to tarmac my drive and buy any broken jewellery I have.

I had a strange encounter along Albert Road. A woman, who was responsible for breaking up a friendship I had with her boyfriend, stopped me and started a conversation.
Because of her I lost a really good friend and we haven’t spoken for 10 years.
She opened with,
‘Hello! I haven’t spoken to you for ages!’.
‘Well, you know why that is’, I said.
Oblivious, she continued,
‘How are you?’
‘Why are you talking to me?’, I asked.
She laughed and touched me. Fucking touched me!.
‘I’d forgotten how funny you are’.
I stared at her.
‘I haven’t seen you about for ages!’ she carried on.
‘I avoid you’ I replied.
‘Sometimes I get a later bus,’ she tried to explain.
‘I’d still avoid you.’
We stared at each other.
I raised my eyebrows, asked if there was anything else.
She shook her head.
I put the little white providers of Mozart back in my ears and continued on my way contemplating the free ‘A Clockwork Orange’ that came with The Independent.

If I’d had Beethoven on, I doubt it would have gone so well.

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

How bizarre! Do you think she might have been ingesting rat-poison? Or perhaps she thought you were someone completely different. Either way she clearly needs the attentions of a pointy stick.

Sleepy said...

As my Dad told me about nutters,

"Don't go looking for 'em babe, they'll always find you".

Sassygril said...

I have always admired your ability to be direct - especially with those who have caused you distress. Had I been in that position, I would probably have gone on as if nothing had happened which means that the person concerened didn't have to contemplate their poor behaviour(even if it was just for a nanosecond). Fair play to you, hon.

Sleepy said...

Thanks Sassy!

Most don't call it directness, they call it rudeness and the doctor calls it a 'very mild personality disorder within the Autistic spectrum'!