Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Going Postal

I have to start with a ‘Can You Believe This Shit’ moment.
There is poor, sweet auld lady in Rooskey, Co Sligo, who didn’t get her Mother’s Day card this year.
The reason?
New gas pipes are being laid and the fucking Postman is working on that!
Moonlighting bastard.
I was outraged.
When I suggested that some phone calls be made and arses kicked, the reply was,
“Not at all! It’s how it works here”.
Leaving me thinking, was ‘here’, Ballykissangel, for feck’s sake?
This doesn’t happen in real life, but apparently it does, in that ‘twilight’ world along Sligo the Mayo border.

Well people, I said it might happen.
Fucking Virgin Media are starting to mess with my head.
Not only have they robbed me of the lust fest that is Bones, and on occasion, Lost.
They flash messages up on the screen telling me I can’t use the remote because of ‘updates’ …. Then tell me to press ‘OK’ to get rid of message.
Which is it? Can I use it or can’t I?
I am stoned and therefore open to mild paranoia at this time of night.
Is it a trick question? Is it a dare? Will they know if I do?
If I pressed it and just ended up with sound, could I live with it?
If I couldn’t, did I really want to go through the whole ‘unplug and count to 10’ shite?
By the time I’d pondered all that, it had gone.
Fuckers!
G-d alone knows what the ‘updates’ were. If it’s more flappy armed people at the corner of the screen, I WILL be pissed off!
Even QI has one of them now.
Most aggravating.

7 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

It's how they get you, it's just how they get you. Next thing you know, you're on the inside of the screen watching someone else play you in your own life. Trust me, I know these things, I watch more sci-fi than anyone I know. On this planet.

Sleepy said...

Jaysus! That's a worry.

teknonra said...

Ado, teknonra here, yep, lung tyme now see...... sorry went all black country for a min. in the old days (4 years ago) the milkman delivered our parcels, on a trail type basis.... don't know how it all finished as we, by then, had lost the will to live and moved away.....Rose remembers tin baths in front of a blazing coal fire, a rope swing hung in the doorway of the outside toilet. why she remembers so many health and safety issues is beyond me..?
i also have ntl/virgin...me being the naive virgin in this scenario!! i thought about swapping to sky on that 3 for £26 but by the time you've added the £11 for the line rental on top, plus, if your gonna have sky you might just as well have either the sports channels or film package and bang £50 up the swanny. BASTARDS!!!!
The trouble with ntl is that the screen just blacks out when ever it feels a need!! something juicy in corrie, David puts his trembling hand on Tracy's child weary pita paps, then phut! nar na na nana naaaa, missed the lot. can't go out, just encase someone enters into conversation about that last shocking scene and I did'nt see it!!
anyway gotta go ....feeding dates to rose whilst she files her toe nails...ah married bliss.....

Crisp-e said...

Teck, DO NOT give that [Murdoch] bastard your money!

Sleepy, those people serve a purpose; they are trying to teach you sign language.

Sleepy said...

Tek!! Nice to see you back!
Crisp-e is right though, don't give the money to Murdoch!

Crisp-e... I had kinda gathered that!
But that's just the point, I'm not learning ANYTHING!

Crisp-e said...

lol, what I want to know is where the BBC got the notion that all deaf peeps are stoners or students who watch TV late into the night. Alternatively, are they making a politically incorrect assumption that deaf people don’t work and, therefore, have time to kill? Who nose???

Sleepy said...

It's a pain in the arse!