Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sap, Abstention And Panic

Today was another gorgeous day and the sap is definitely rising!
I have considered self abuse at least three times - but I have given it up for Lent.
Honestly!
I’ll be bouncing off the walls by Easter but the wait will be worth it. I am unsure as to the Church teaching on using Lent for this purpose. It’s also the first time I’ve attempted to give it up!
I have been filling my ‘Celibate Void’ with music.
A Jurassic Nun once told me that this is why a lot of “Religious” take up the guitar.
Her exact words were, ‘It keeps their hands occupied and stops ‘em wanking’.
It really made me chuckle back then.
It turned out she had Alzheimer’s and this was part of her pathology!

Back to music. This has been the soundtrack of my day.

· I’m Just Another Soldier ……………………The Staple Singers
· Undiscovered …………………… James Morrison
· Country Girl …………………… Primal Scream
· Fix You …………………… Coldplay
· Take Me Out …………………… Franz Ferdinand
· Crazy …………………… Gnarls Barclay
· Tumbling Dice ……………………. Rolling Stones
· Filthy/Gorgeous …………………… Scissors Sisters
· Breathe Me …………………… Sia
· Go West …………………… Village People
· Old Time Rock and Roll ………………….
· The 1st, The Last… …………………… Barry White
· Shang-A-Lang …………………… Bay City Rollers

With hindsight, I wouldn’t have added Coldplay. It takes too long to get to the ‘shit kicking’ bit at the end. Which is all you want really.
I can’t remember who sings the Rock and Roll one and telling you it is on ‘Dad’s Tape’ wouldn’t enlighten you either.

One of my tenants paid part of their rent in Greenery.
A bonus!
The fact that it is really good makes me feel I got the better part of the deal.
Of course that means, I am due an ‘Instant Karma’ moment within the next few days.
The Universe doesn’t like imbalance and will bite back.
I must remember to give some away to offset that effect.

R. woke me up this morning.
I was on his ‘beat’ and he was in full uniform.
I shit a brick. In my sleepy state I thought I was being raided.
It took 3 long seconds for my brain to realise it was “Friend” not “Foe”.
I dragged him in before the neighbours saw him.
We had a cup of tea and listened to the madness that comes from his radio.

I’m in Wiltshire now.
M has had an imac delivered and is under the misapprehension I have a clue about it.
I do, in fact, have an imac but every time I use it I have to phone crisp-e for technical support.
I stick to the laptop for the most part.

Crisp-e… Brace yourself Dred!

7 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

I thought they'd re-named imac as Veet, but I think you use it the same way, spread it on your legs and scrape off later.

Sleepy said...

Is there a point to spreading it ON your legs?

Crisp-e said...

Glad M (brother of C,?????) went with the iMac. It will serve erm, him?? well.

Sassygril said...

The song you like is by Bob Seeger (and the Silver Bullet Band). I saw him play when I was a teenager and whilst his music isn't quite my thing, I have to say he was bloody brilliant. 'Night Moves' is another one of his songs that I remember liking a lot too...

Sleepy said...

crisp-e.. I'm in Wiltshire, that M.!

sassy.. Yep, that sounds like something the Old Man would have in his car!

Jinx said...

How much weed would you have in your house to be scared of police...?

And of course there's a point in spreading imac/veet on your legs; to remove the hair!

Sleepy said...

jinx.. Enough to think you are selling it!

Not a veet girl myself. I like the razor..
The bloody pulp that remains below me knees is like a badge of honour!