Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Grub

I have had a headache all day and I haven‘t been able to concentrate. Nothing really awful but I have got to get some new specs I think!
Trying to suss out a way I can claim for the lost pair on the House Insurance at the moment.

There is a programme on BBC2 at the moment called Taste Of My Life. Chef, Nigel Slater talks to famous people about food, what favourites they have and how it fits into certain periods of their life. This culminates in what they would have for their Final Feast and who they’d share it with.
Food plays a huge part in my life and my childhood memories, so I find it a really interesting show.
This is what I’ve decided I would have.

Breakfast… 2 perfectly poached eggs on white toast. Mug of tea and a fag.
Then I just want to graze on, Tapas sized portions of:
Liver, Onions, Mashed Potato, Peas and Gravy.
Sturgeon and Salmon Caviar.
Bagels and Lox.
Goulash.
Meringue. Just the meringue cases, I don’t want any of that shit that is usually stuffed in it.
Cauliflower Cheese.
Bottle of Sancerre (Not Tapas size!)
Vegetable Pakora with Chilli and mint dips.
Monster Munch pickled onion flavour.
Falafels.
Apple Strudel.
French Onion soup.
Bottle of Pineau Des Charentes.
Coffee.
Cigarettes.

Yummers.

7 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Don't let them try and shove contact lenses into your eyeballs, they're all up for that, make more money that way.

Schneewittchen said...

Haha, I have lifted this from someone else's blog, seemed appropriate :)

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside."

Mark Twain.

Sleepy said...

Couldn't do the lenses thing. Poking something in my eye makes me feel sick.

Great quote!

TenaciousK said...

Food I miss - my grandmother's elderberry jam - a drop in each thumbprint cookie, her bread-and-butter pickles and lemonade cookies. My mom's sour cherry juice and orange rolls, dad's caramels, my aunt's pecan roll (actually just the penuche center). Leg of lamb with mint jelly, whipped potatos, brown-sugared yams, and those purple green beans my mom used to grow in her garden (the ones that turn green when you cook them). Beet greens, with butter, salt, and a little sweet pickle juice. And some of my mom's home made bread.

When's dinner?

Sleepy said...

TK... Loads of 'puddings' there!
Roast Lamb.. Mmmmm.. Welsh Lamb, even better.

What will your kids remember you making for them?!

TenaciousK said...

Pancakes (the Swedish crepe-like ones, and some others that are unlike any pancake you've ever eaten. I'll be posting the recipe soon), stews, apple pie (a recent addition), and all things meat. Sliced italien squash, fried up with a scrambled egg or two (and salt - you should really try this), buttered yams, and all manner of vegetables (which they will not eat, with the exception of artichokes).

Once upon a time, I used to make caramels and various cookies from family recipes, but I haven't done that in years.

Mostly, they'll remember the stews, the meats, and the pancakes: most of all, the pancakes.

Sleepy said...

Mmm... Pancakes!

I will always remember my Dad for his curry. He makes a blinding curry.

I want pancakes now!