Saturday, April 21, 2007

Scraping

Today I have encountered the DIY version of Job’s Comforters.
I’m still battling with the railings.
So many people have walked by and said,
‘Ooh!, That’s a horrible job and takes ages!’
No? Really?
Where were you informative fuckers two nights ago, when I was coming up with this superb plan?

Sassy marched down the road bearing mugs of tea, a pair of Marigolds and got stuck in.
While scraping we came up with a new business for her,
Sassy’s Disorderly House.
Run along similar lines as Cynthia Paine’s.
Clients with ‘trades’ most welcome, especially one who can plumb in a toilet.
Sassy will offer verbal humiliation and physical chastisement with a plunger in return.

I have my new glasses!
Apparently I was supposed to have the glasses 'fitted'. Fucking fitted!
I took them out of the box and put them on.
"Ta Da!. Fitted!"
They have been a blessing and a curse.
I can see!
I can see all the bits I have missed on the railings.
My uncle said he would come round and have a look which sent me into a bit of a panic.
That is actually ‘Family Speak’ for,
“I’ll come round, judge your work and tell you what you SHOULD have done”.

My new Spex! Same stoned eyes!

4 comments:

Schneewittchen said...

Yeeehaaaa! And the Optician said, 'Let there be light!' and the scales fell from Sleepy's eyes and lo the Angel of the Lord said,
'Sleepy, though shalt be cursed to see thine icky neighbours in full-on sunlight, technicolour and all their splendour and glory,' and it was so.
And it came to pass on the second day that Sassy was sent by Moses to minister succour unto the rancorous Sleepy and Sleepy drank of the cup of tea and she was nourished and gave thanks that not all in Aliens road were such twatty-wankers as had passed by earlier.

No, you can't get it commercially. Yet.

Sleepy said...

Amen!

Sassygril said...

Great spex! Cool photo too!

But I notice you missed out the discussion about the boots. I hadn't laughed like that for quite a while...

Sleepy said...

Sassy.. Ha Ha!
That is definately your story to tell!